IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
119,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please vote for the best tip from the new members contest, HERE!

Some of the new ifishers put in more than one tip. I said one tip only, but I'll still enter them. Don't feel they should be disqualified for having lots of tips! :smile:

Some of the contestants had over 10 posts at the time of posting.

So, here is the final list of contestants. Please vote only one time!

Thanks, and let's let this go for a couple days. :smile:

Contest voting will close the morning of the 11th, and the winner of the OKUMA reel, chosen!

Jen

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Anybody that helps the fishers smell better, not to mention the dog, has to get my vote!

Most creative use of mouthwash award!

Nice tip, anglerp. :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Administrator
119,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Contestants, feel free to vote for yourself!

Jen

·
Premium Member
14,394 Posts
boy, it was tough making a decision. listerine gets points for sheer utility, the ironing/filet board gets points for utility as well (i'm lucky that the wife lets me filet fish on the kitchen counter though), and raiderron gets points for the archives (there's lots of great info out there just waiting to be used people). all the newbies get points just for contributing to this great resource.

while i loved engineer dan's potato gun sturgeon rig launcher, i couldn't vote for it with a clear conscience. sorry, dan. potato guns can get very dangerous depending on their construction and the type of propellant used. i'd hate to see them get popular down on the beaches and then read the stories in the paper about people getting injured when some yahoo blows one up injuring himself and probably others.

good work and good luck all you ifish fry!

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Gotta go with the mint listerine!
Honorable mentions to lost puppy's Bicycle tube line keepers, RaiderRon's Archives tip.
FishesFromTupperware's idea.
And applause to all who contributed! Keep those tips coming

To add onto FFT's idea mount a piece of dowel in the boat that will hold 2 feet in length of the swim noodle and slide it on legthwise creating a rotating holder for leaders.
The potatoe gun idea would be interesting to see but I believe the regs says something about "Rod casted lines only" when fishing for Sturgeon around Bonneville??. No boat, slingshot, or potatoe gun assisted launching allowed :shocked:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm not trying to be a ******** but I read & reread the rules to figure out how many tips I could post. 1st it sez 1 tip, then it sez as many tips as you want as long as you don't have more than 10 posts. Here's another tip for ya. Reading the crab tips here is something to do. Get a lid for a 5 gallon bucket. Cut some holes in the bucket. Put your crabs in the bucket, put the lid on then hang the whole bucket over the side to keep them alive.

·
Administrator
119,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yip, you are right! I goofed, Knofish!

I do that alot. Goof, that is.

Sorry! You are in the contest, aren't you?
I think so. Anyway, my apologies for the mixup.

Jen

·
Administrator
41,361 Posts
Mel, it works for me ... the link takes me to the tips page, not the voting page. Check again!

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Ya- but the link on the tips page...takes you to the tips page (not the voting page).

·
Registered
685 Posts
I too, like the mouthwash. Not the best though. I couldn't vote for RaiderRon for fear the the "Raider" part of his name meant his was a Raiders fan. So, I'm going with the Duck Dude. Like his practicality with family. Afterall, you won't have a good trip without the wife's blessing. Not to mention the opportunity of another trip without getting the ranking straight.

----D

·
Administrator
119,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is not, Mel. What are you talking about???

:shrug:

:smile:

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Uh ya right! :whazzup: :wink: :hoboy:

Feeling our oats today are we Jennie? :wink: :grin: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
gotta like the potato gun idea!!! :grin: :grin:

Now if we could rig up some device without the use of explosives.

hhhmmmm, maybe a catapult???? Get right into the deep water at Bonneville after flinging your 10lb weight out!! :grin:

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
i vote for patato head...great story.....ill probably never use the tip but it was the most enjoyable to read

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Hey Jennie- the original post for the tips has a stuck do loop in the link to get to the voting. :whazzup: Must have been that fall off the horse huh? :grin:

·
Administrator
119,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:tongue: Mel... :smile:

·
Administrator
119,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK, I'm going to name the winner now!

Remember the Green Phantom of the Listerine commercials? :smile:

Listerine takes the cake, for fishy odors! That's Anglerp at 24 percent, with 26 votes!

Anglerp, please send me your address, and I will send you the reel! :smile:

Jen

Here are the votes, at the time of closing, 7:08 AM

Member Percent Votes

Captain Amana 14% (15)
Anglerp 24% (26)
Slow and Low 1% (1)
Set-a-Drift 3% (3)
lostpuppy 4% (4)
RaiderRon 7% (7)
Duck n 3% (3)
KNOPHISH 7% (7)
sportsman_21 5% (5)
Daddyto2 3% (3)
PlayinHookyNooky 13% (14)
2LEYS 2% (2)
Nodakr 16% (17)

Here is Anglerp's entry:

Well lets see i can give this a try but let me say i would love to be makeing more posts but as that i am new to oregon and oregon fishing lets say ive been in a learning mode .BUt i do have a few unique tips when it comes to fishing life.THe first one is as fisher people im sure all of us at one time or another have had troubles with fishy odors such as on our burlap bags boat interiers, tackle bags , vests excetera and no matter what weve tryed there still seems to be something fishy .I had an experiance once with a dozen rotton worms hideing in the gear in the trunk of my car eh no matter what i tryed the smell lingered. Well here it is and its simple , Mint listerene the ultimat oder destroyer . On burlaps and tackle bags or vests simply soak in a bucket for about 15 minutes dilute 3 parts listerene to 10 parts water or make it stronger depending on the severity of the odor then rinse or wash as usual. on boat floors or truck beds dump the solution and scrub with a brush and rinse. Wipe down vinal leather plastic excetera wait and wipe a second time with water. Carpet or material interiors use it right in your shampooer then rinse well with plain water. YOU can also use it on your cutting boards counter tops and refridgerators and freezers i think you will be quite impressed. And as an added bonus this also works excelent on the stinky dog who has been swimming in the water or who just plain stinks and lets not forget those times when we or or dog my have an encounter with a skunk eh but believe me it works. Give it a try ...Patti

[ 06-11-2003, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Jennie, that was a GREAT contest. I think it should be a yearly event. Gives the new folks a chance to contribute and have some fun, and it gives us a chance to get to know them while we're adding their tips to our arsenal.

Fun stuff!

Skein

1 - 20 of 20 Posts