IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
14,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have suggestions for good volunteer opportunities in the Portland area on Christmas eve and Christmas day? All this talk of the Ifish Christmas party and gifts for the kids at Emmanuael Children's Hospital has me thinking that I can pitch in somewhere and help out on the big day(s).

· Registered
13,724 Posts
Portland Gospel Mission I am sure could use some help. rp

· Registered
2,281 Posts
If you're thinking about serving meals somewhere, you might want to make a "reservation" now. I called Salem Union Gospel Mission a week before Thanksgiving, and was told they didn't need any more volunteers for Thanksgiving day.

You could always go to a local care center, and just visit with some of the folks there whose families didn't bother to come see them. Some of them might really like to be read to, or listen to someone play Christmas carols on a guitar or piano, if that's something you can do.

· Administrator
129,587 Posts
I'll ask my brother. He does that sort of thing.

Jen

· Registered
635 Posts
Check out the blanche house. Im sure they are in the phone book. I used to bring a group of kids down there when i worked at a school. They are always looking for help, but it is true that they may turn you away during the holiday season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.