IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been hitting Tillamook pretty regular like for the last 5 days. We are tired and sleepy. Bobby and I decided we were going to do one more Columbia trip before I leave the Super Z at the coast for a full on Carrot Assault on Tillamook and Nehalem.
Bobby got his friend Juan up nice and early and promised him he would catch his FIRST fall chinook today. Wow what a day he had.
We anchored in a favorite spot out of St. Helens, 54 feet of water. The temp was 65 degrees today, it is finally dropping. 6 foot droppers and 7 foot leaders produced pound down after pound down. I couldn't keep em off!
Juan, who had fished for Falls before but never caught one, punched out with a 35 and a 33.

Bobby caught a couple of chromers!

And even I got a couple of noice ones!

All in all we had 12 fish on and 9 to the boat. Toward the end, we were releasing small fish looking for bigger ones. Full boat limit with 3 releases by 1130 am. Some kind of day.......

My mother in law is in town doing the costumes for the Oregon Symphony's rendition of Camelot. I have all the costumes for the entire show in my garage. We took the liberty of borrowing some armor for our group photo. Salmon love the viking in us!!

Yes this is a brag post.

Details:
54 feet of water. Ebb tide. 6 foot dropper. 7 foot leader. 10 oz of lead. Brass Clancy, silver Alvin. Big net! :cheers:

[ 09-21-2003, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: crabbait ]

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
You guys are killing me, one because of all the fish you catch. We fished afternoon ebb at gov't island with NOTHING. Haha, secondly you kill me because the viking picture is hillarious. Well done, tight lines, TOC.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I picked the Wrong Day to Quit Sniff'in Glue... Those Costumes are Sweeeet... Nice fish too...

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,258 Posts
Okay, now you have gone toooo far. Those of us with real Viking Blood are loathe to share the title with mere pirates. We have a image to maintain and it ain't in armor boyos. :hoboy: :wink: :wink: :grin:

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
:cheers: Skaål! :cheers:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
:shocked: Holly chrome hotdogs Batman :shocked:

Way to go guys, Chris and I had a fun time catching 100 smallmouth bass on flies but it aint nothin compared to what the Super Z had goin on :cheers:

I really dig those costumes, maybe we could wear that stuff fishing all the time... would suck if you fell in thou :laugh:

Oh man I just noticed my next post is 1500 do I get a prize or something?

[ 09-21-2003, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: 5-Cents ]

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
They were using smallies for bait! :laugh:

It's that carrot milk magic! :bowdown:

It's been working for me too! Thanks again Shane for the "sample" bottle

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey guys, I was over in the troll fleet at the mouth of the Lewis wearing out my kicker, and you guys are just across the creek yarding in the (big) fish. The least you could do is come get me! :rolleyes: I am in the old blue glass boat with the empty cooler.

Great job and a good report. I am laying out the anchor line right now. :bowdown:

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Now those are pics of pure CHROME
!!!!
Way to go Tin Men!! :laugh:
Nice fore ground in the pics too!! :wink: :grin:
Picked up Gators there before but overlooked it for Nookers. :cheers: :bowdown:

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It was a fine day with some good buddies. We are off to Tillamook, I am craving a bobber down or two.

The armor has to go back to Texas after the show, but I am working on something even better for the Spring.

Those steelies here yet?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
What a way to close out the big C, Now it's time for a full pledge assault on the coast. :wink:

It was a great fall season on the CR but honestly it's too big, I like battling the sea lice laden beast in the smaller rivers, you all know what I mean, I feel it's more personal there (call me crazy) :shrug:

hope to see more Ifisher's out there. :smile:

Much

Bobby

Juan, I hope you had fun.
those are some beauties, too bad your women only lets you out once a year. :grin:

ZaQ,
Was that nice or what? I still think we should market that carrot milk :hoboy:

[ 09-21-2003, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: big n bright ]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts