IFish Fishing Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Hello Charles, (y)(y)(y) It's fun to see how you handled a fish, know it didn't take many to plug your boat ;)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Nice work Sir....
You set the bar pretty high for mere mortals.
I guess your not a real man until you've rowed a boat out to the Tuna grounds and caught Tuna!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
That was really awesome. I’m not an Ocean guy due my severe motion sickness but to go out 20 miles in a little boat like that? You got way bigger kahunas than I do. But it’s guys like you that allow me to see and enjoy some Epic adventures. Like the pro Kayak guy as well. Thanks for the adventure.(y)(y):D

·
Vendor
9,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Awesome video Charles! Curious how long it took you to row out 20 miles?
My cruise speed in open water is 3.5 mph. But since I was trolling, I did a lot of meandering looking for fish, chasing birds, etc. I forget how many miles I rowed but I think it was around 25. That would be just over 7 hours on the oars, which sounds about right.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
That video was awesome, you are cut from a different cloth! As impressive as a feat rowing out there and catching those tuna was, Holy hell! Your gaffing was like ninja legend stuff.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Very impressive. I wonder how many people go log 7 hrs on the row machine at the gym? My guess, none.

Can't imagine the euphoric feeling you felt of getting that first one in the boat.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I remember following this effort with interest back in 2015. Nice to finally see the video of everything coming to fruition. I wanted to see the hook up!

You can hear the satisfaction of a years-long goal being met when that first gaff hit home.

Looking forward to more adventures.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Don G Baldi...

Right memory... #1 blank... but a shark take-down... EdSr assisted both trips (and hooked/released a native salmon on the 1st trip... all the way out and back... for naught! He rowed way further 1st time!)

#2, Different story... Charles out-fished me... 4:1... from a wherry row boat, no less! (He rowed all the way out, though not back.)

There were porpoise, whales and schools all over the place! Sight to beheld all it's own.

It wasn't about dory boats catching fish... It was about getting Charles home safe in a wherry boat.

[I did not know he was recording... His vids... way better than my still-shots from a distance...]

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Don G Baldi...

Right memory... #1 blank... but a shark take-down... EdSr assisted both trips (and hooked/released a native salmon on the 1st trip... all the way out and back... for naught! He rowed way further 1st time!)

#2, Different story... Charles out-fished me... 4:1... from a wherry row boat, no less! (He rowed all the way out, though not back.)

There were porpoise, whales and schools all over the place! Sight to beheld all it's own.

It wasn't about dory boats catching fish... It was about getting Charles home safe in a wherry boat.

[I did not know he was recording... His vids... way better than my still-shots from a distance...]
{Slow the troll? Something to think about...}

21 - 39 of 39 Posts