IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife wants to take her family to Victoria B.C. when they come to visit in a couple weeks.

Any suggestions on fishing guides or charters in that area this time of year?

The plans arn't set in stone yet so maybe I can alter the trip some if I have some info that sounds interesting.

Or should I let them go without me & stay here and fish? -Steve

·
Registered
672 Posts
You've got that backwards, leave them and go fish!

Island Outfitters Web Site

Check out local reports!
I am heading for Sooke! for 10 days tomorrow.
:dance: !!YEEHAW!! :dance:

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
can you make the drive to Tofino. Some great fishing out of there I think. Nice drive over too.
Have a blast up there, Victoria is a great place.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Halibut are open in area 20 and ling cod in area 20 (or is it the other way around?). In Canada, you can keep 2 halibut per person! Double your pleasure, double your freezer fill.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Nice GutZ. Are you planning to fish halibut? We're in the San Juans next week and plan to go over to Race or Constance to try for some hali's. I hear the dogfish are thick, but the halibut are there.

I was disappointed to hear that the Canadian online license is not available yet. Have to go somewhere in BC to physically buy a license. Rats.

·
Registered
22,376 Posts
GUTZ is right about Sooke. Very close to Victoria. Great fishing too. Might even check out just outside victoria harbor too.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
There is going to be a huge run of Sockeye going past Port Alberti in the next two weeks. I just got back from there, and it was between runs. There will be tons of flossers at the first riffle, but tons of fish too. Port Alberti is around 3 hours past Victoria. If you were single it would definately be worth it, because the women are hotties in that town... :shocked:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts