IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vick pleads guilty
Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick pleaded guilty today in federal court to charges related to dogfighting. Vick was met by cheering supporters and a group of protesters holding signs with pictures of injured fighting dogs...
source

If there were only a way to give him what he gave.

· Registered
14,735 Posts
Interestingly enough, he killed the dogs that were not competitive. Yet he never came close to a Super Bowl ring......

· Registered
3,160 Posts
Interestingly enough, he killed the dogs that were not competitive. Yet he never came close to a Super Bowl ring......

Not that I condone dog fighting. But what does not winning a Super Bowl have to do with not being competitive? Does that mean all professional athletes that do not win a title, aren't competitive? :shrug:

· Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
... But what does not winning a Super Bowl have to do with not being competitive? Does that mean all professional athletes that do not win a title, aren't competitive? :shrug:

...must not comment on seahawks... must resist... must not.. :wink:

· Registered
1,098 Posts
Michael Vick is a tremendous athlete and that was one of the best celebrity apologies I've ever seen. Americans are very forgiving... If his future actions bear out his words from this morning my guess is he'll be back.

· Banned
2,641 Posts
no surprise with the guilty plea..they've been talking about it for weeks.

too bad he won't actually be sentenced until december. what's the hold up? guilty? ok...bye bye

· Registered
14,735 Posts
I really hope his cellmate is a very large and angry sorta guy, who takes his childhood problems out on poor old Mike.
--------

Mel Gibson cried about alcohol.
Nichole Ritchie is now seemingly beloved, because she is gonna turn her life around with this new baby thing.

I bet he is sorry for his actions. If I had just blew 130 million away on real life stupidity, I would be sorry too.

At this point, the best thing that could happen is a guard at the prison he will live in (on my taxdollar) has a momentary lapse in attention to his duties, and poor old not so competitive Mike will meet justice the same way his pets did.

Mark and the well kept dog

· Registered
593 Posts
Words vs actions.
Words without the actions to back them up are meaningless. Was his apology sincere, or was he speaking in the tongue of a good PR person ?? Only time will tell. People seem to be putting stock in the fact that he didn't merely read from a prepared statement, that he spoke off the cuff. Might I remind you all that this is a very good football player, one who is capable of memorizing a large and complex NFL team playbook.
Many people have used many words to describe the horrors of what he did. I agree with them. I am a dog owner and dog lover, and have been my entire life. I think that what Vick did was, in a word, disgusting.
The old saying goes, if you wanna dance, ya gotta pay the band. Well, now he has to pay the band. We can only hope that during his time in prison, he looks long and hard at the person he's become, and realizes that he doesn't like that person. Only then will any change be sincere.

· Registered
5,954 Posts
:frown: If he knew what he was doing was wrong, he shouldn't have been doing it. He says he is sorry. Sorry for what? Do you think he would be apologizing if he hadn't been caught? He's sorry because he just lost a ton of money and a small amount of freedom! I don't think for a minute that he feels even one once of pitty for the dogs that were tortured and killed. It wouldn't bother me in the least bit if he never played another down in professional football.
Bet he could start a good "convict" team".:grin: Kind of like the "longest Yard"

· Registered
960 Posts
:frown: If he knew what he was doing was wrong, he shouldn't have been doing it. He says he is sorry. Sorry for what? Do you think he would be apologizing if he hadn't been caught? He's sorry because he just lost a ton of money and a small amount of freedom! I don't think for a minute that he feels even one once of pitty for the dogs that were tortured and killed. It wouldn't bother me in the least bit if he never played another down in professional football.
Bet he could start a good "convict" team".:grin: Kind of like the "longest Yard"

:applause: Exactly!

· Registered
2,025 Posts
These people are so predictable. As they all do, Vik said he is reformed and "found Jesus". Problem with our society is there is no shame. These guys can do awful things and still not be the least bit ashamed of what they do.

http://tammybruce.com/2007/08/vick_pleads_guilty.php

· Registered
21,998 Posts
But Whoopie G. says Vick is misunderstood and that he grew up in an area where this was a cultural event. Please, give me a break. At least the thug pled guilty. Now what? Do we really have to watch him play ball again? Hope not. Perhaps he can move in with Iron Mike Tyson.

· Registered
593 Posts
Here is the link to Wikipedia's article on Michael Vick(aka Ron Mexico). This is the most complete and up-to-date article I've seen yet... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Vick

OK, so Whoopi G. says that fighting dogs is a "cultural event" in
Newport News, VA. So ?? It's immoral, unethical and, by the way, illegal. I'm guessing that doing illegal things as a way of life, doesn't really say too much for that part of ol' Virginny.

· Registered
737 Posts
Alot of people have done a few things they regret, what matters is what you learn from that mistake and don't do it again. Time will tell....

Here is the link to Wikipedia's article on Michael Vick(aka Ron Mexico). This is the most complete and up-to-date article I've seen yet... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Vick

OK, so Whoopi G. says that fighting dogs is a "cultural event" in Newport News, VA. So ?? It's immoral, unethical and, by the way, illegal. I'm guessing that doing illegal things as a way of life, doesn't really say too much for that part of ol' Virginny.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.