IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vedder River you say? Where the heck is that?
Well, the Vedder River is a fantastic Salmon and Steelhead river located just across the US/Canada border in British Columbia.
It offers fantastic Chinook and Coho fishing. It is not uncommon to hook several large Kings in an outing. My biggest to date is 50#. Later in the year you can catch Kings, Silvers and Dog's all at the same time!!!!!
Catching fish is about as low-tech as it gets. All you need is a float, some egg loop hooks and a little yarn. It's that simple!!!
The one drawback is that access is easy and gets alot of pressure. But, there are ton's of fish and you can usually find a spot to yourself, if you don't mind hiking.
If you would like more information, let me know.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can buy an annual for $97.00 :shocked: . That would be in US dollars.
You can also buy a on day for $43.00 or an 8 day for $69.00

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One additional note. if you plan on coming up to fish, remember to bring a birth certificate or a passport to cross the border. They get a little cranky if you don't!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could probly even be talked into going along and acting as a guide of sorts.
Im always looking for an excuse to skate out of work and go fishing!!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just returned from my yearly trip up there. The fishing up there will spoil you compared to Oregon. 3 of us landed 100 salmon in 2 1/2 days. We don't buy the retention tags so you can save on the cost of a license. We fished the Vedder river each day and spent most of one day on the Harrison. The Harrison is mainly boat access is about 9 miles long and has 1,000,000 salmon in the fall. We caught coho, chum, pinks, and chinook salmon. There is a series of storms coming in so call first on conditions.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trust me, the Vedder River is no big secret. Lots of fish and lots of people!!!!
The Harrison is a great river. We did very well on Sockeye on the Frazer River this past August. Rumors were 50 - 100 million Sockeye went up the Frazer this year!!!!!!! :shocked:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Really?

From what I heard, the Fraser Sockeye fishing this summer was a big dissapointment. It was taking up to 4-5 hours for competent fisherman to limit and the inexperienced weren't guaranteed limits. I heard the Chinook fishing was outstanding though.

Last year, it'd take on average 15-30 min to limit. That's good fishing.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I said there were "Rumors" of 50 - 100 million sockeye. :shrug:
I did well, but it definitely wasn't as hot as years past!!!! Too many days with the nets out IM afraid

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I said there were "Rumors" of 50 - 100 million sockeye. :shrug:
I did well, but it definitely wasn't as hot as years past!!!! Too many days with the nets out IM afraid :mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts