IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a very nice 3 yr old 23' FishRite that has been kept in excellent condition by the owner. Haven't seen much here on the merit of this line of boats. Would appreciate any comments any of you might have on this manufacturer. Intend to take it for a ride and have the motor checked out by a mechanic.

·
Banned
7,726 Posts
Like a lot of the boat builders in these parts, the Fishrite owner was trained by Willy........

What more can you say?? "Simply the best.........."

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Shotshell,

For what it's worth, I am a big fan of the quality that Fishrite builds into all of their boats. I know one guide who has a Fishrite sled, and after looking at it closely, believe it is better laid out, of higher quality, and a better value than most of the other boats I have seen. I own a Fishrite driftboat and have had it for 10 years. No problems whatsoever, but then again, what can go wrong with a DB?

BTW, I also own an Alumaweld 21' Formula Vee that I love. So I'm not trying to "sell" one over the other!

Bottom line, if the sled is clean and has what you want, why not go for it?

Good luck,

Rusty

[ 11-04-2003, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: Rusty ]

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I have a 1993, 18' Explorer that has been a fantastic boat! Forward helm model. It has alot of "extras" that are stock on this model. My dad liked it so well he just bought a 20' model (1995), with a deeper V. They're great boats, that handle rough water just super. Do the usual tests like; ride test, hull inspection, weld inspection, etc. As far as I know the company is very healthy and still producing quite a few new boats. Also Jamie (the owner) is very helpful on answering questions over the phone.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
AHHH yes, I was once the owner of that boat snit's dad bought (only a couple of days ago) and I have one thing to say. Everyone that was on it that owned a different style of boat simply said, "I have to get one that rides like this." Mine was a little different than most to make it this way, but I loved it and it handled rough water better than any other boat I've been in. Granted the driver also has something to do with this, but they make an outstanding boat. I wouldn't think twice about buying another one.

tc

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I just thought of something that might put the cap on the discussion regarding FishRite Boats.

All you have to do is take a look at the new 27' FishRite owned by super guide Len Self, an Ifish sponsor. One look at his "big" boat and you'll trip over your shoes trying to get one for yourself. It really is magnificent!

Rusty

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses. I heard about Len Self's boat from another source just tonight. Will look at this boat again tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts