IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When buying a used boat dont just go by looks on the outside and inside make sure you check the hull area under the floor boards for pitting or in other words called a electralasys problem. I learned the hard way. The boat I bought looked nice on the outside and inside, motors ran nice and had good compreesion. also floors looked in good shape. When i got the boat home i decided to pull up the floor and replace with a better looking floor. To my my hooror i found pitting . :mad: :whazzup:
:shocked: :sick:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Thats some excellent advice. I might add one. When i wash my boat after being in the salt i always try and remember to lower the bow and run some water in to let it flush all the sea water that is hiding in different places. I have had the present aluminum boat now for several years and i did as you did. I pulled the floor cover over the tank and insepcted the inside. Clean as a whistle so the flushing must be working.

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Check for a grounding or electrolosis issue. The electrical ground should be COMPLETELY isolated from the boat. I don't know how bad it is but it may look worse than it actaully is.

Biederboat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts