IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great day on the water! You have to love this time of year; get up late to fish the tide, on the water at 10:45 AM, drop the wife, kids and dogs on the beach and salmon fish in my shorts all day! :dance:

Hit the Columbia around the mouth of the Willamette with a hundred or so of my best buddies and the fishing was OFF THE CHAIN for us thanks to a heavy helping of carrot milk and the untapped genius of Cracker Joes Retarted Alvins!

So we are sitting on anchor for a couple of hours without much luck... XTC keeps calling me from parts downriver, "We got another". 10 minutes later, "We got another". Hey this story is about my fishing day I will let him tell his story but lets just say it includes 8 fish! :shocked:

As Cracker Joe and I are sitting on our behinds waiting for a bite I decide I want to custom out an all chrome Alvin with some prisim tape. Of course Cracker Joe wants to as well. Lets just say from past experiences that Joe makes, ummmmmm.... ineresting lures, kind of like those pictures the elephants paint when they suck paint up their noses and squirt it back onto a canvas with a bunch of elephant boogies! :sick: Mine was standard blue with a cool design but Joes was two different colors of green and blue! I encouraged him as all good "Fishing Bosses" should do, "Lets give that, ummmmm lure an hour and then change back to the "proven" blue-tip, OK?"

We change out and down go our lures with Carrot Milk. 10 minutes later SHA.... SHABA.... SHABAMALAM Cracker Joes Retarted Alvin gets a pound down and it stuck. After a good fight this nice 19lb URB comes to the net!

WOW! OK well, that fish had a seal bite and it was obviously trying to kill itslef with that lure Cracker Joe made. Lures go back down. We admire the sucidal fish in the box when all of a sudden SHABAMALAMO fish on Cracker Joes Retarted Alvin! This one I took because after all I was starting to believe in Cracker Joes Ret... I mean Awesome Technicolor Alvin. This fish put up a nice fight compounded by the fact that Cracker Joe does not get to go fishing much and hence does not net many fish so he decided to practice and stab at this one about 10 times before we got her in the net! But finally 22lbs of URB! Man they love the Carrot Milk!

OK this is looking good! Rods go back in the water, we admire two fish in the box when all of a sudden SHABAMALAMBO! Cracker Joe has another bite! He had to work for this baby! This fish bit and bit and bit but would not burry the rod! I was yelling "WAIT.... WAIT... WAIT..." but Crakcer Joe could not wait and picked up the rod and the fish was gone! "SET IT BACK DOWN (now you know why he calls me his fishing boss!)"
Tap... "WAIT!" Tap... "WAIT!" Tap... "WAIT" burry! zzzzzzzzzzt!
This super bright fish put up a heck of a fight diving deep from the boat 4 times before coming to the net!

Here is a pick of us with our fish at the take out.

We had two other bites that did not stick, one of them I did not wait on... where is my fishing boss to yell at me when I need one?

What a great day of sun, fun and chrome URB's! I learned some good leasons about believing in Cracker Joe's Retarted I mean Awsome Technicolor Alvins... hey the "Fishing Boss" obviously does not know everything! Great job today Cracker Joe and not a bad day for Team Carrot Milk just one fish short of a 6 person limit! :grin:

Oh ya I forgot to say I met Flatfish near the launch, he had some hot looking babe on a jetski but there was no wonder dog in sight! Do you really have a dog or are you just pullin our legs? Hey Flatfish how do you fish from the jetski, that thing have pole holders?

[ 09-01-2003, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: 5-Cents ]

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Nice to see TCM doesn't need to post the same fish 3 times in a post to make it look like they caught alot of fish. A little advice from the fishing DAD and some yellin' from the fishing BOSS I guess did the job for Cracker Joe today. Great Job Team Carrot Milk cleaned 11 chromers out of the rivers today. I guess that is better than just 3................chris

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Cracker Joe needs to go into the Custom Alvin business! :bowdown:
Or was it the Carrot Milk??? :whazzup:
Great story and Nice URB's! :dance:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Nice Job fellas, beautiful chromers :cheers: .

XTC....Glad you found a few biters for your boat. Sounds like the action today was far better today than yesterday.

Let's all hope it stays good :grin:

Peace,
Chris :cool:

[ 09-01-2003, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: FWF1 ]

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Shaba...yabba...shadoo....my fish don't sound like that ??? :grin:

Nice fish, and excellent story with great sound effects.

Anytime you guys want to tell us what's in this "carrot milk" would be great.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
I knew I should have smoked fish another day. 30 pounds of smoked fish between Saturday and today. I guess I should have fished 2 days and smoked 1 day.
Glad to see their still biting.

Think I going to have to play hooky one day this week.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not quite the same ratio Mr. Lennon :wink: :tongue: :cheers:

·
Registered
327 Posts
ANOTHER FINE DAY OF ROUGHING IT OUT IN THE TAJ.. CRACKER JOE WITH 2 FISH IN HANDS MUST MEAN THE RUN IS OUTSTANDING. TAKE CARE SHANE. SINCERELY DROUGHTING IN COLORADO STEVE

·
Registered
327 Posts
ANOTHER FINE DAY OF ROUGHING IT OUT IN THE TAJ.. CRACKER JOE WITH 2 FISH IN HANDS MUST MEAN THE RUN IS OUTSTANDING. TAKE CARE SHANE. SINCERELY DROUGHTING IN COLORADO STEVE

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Yeesh! Poundown... first you yell at us in all caps, then you don't think we hear you, so you post it twice? :smile:

I can only imagine you out in a boat. FISH ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
"SHABAMALAMBO!"

LOL :laugh:

:cheers:

[ 09-02-2003, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: Navigator ]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts