IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Even with the nets in for the short time there should be some fish available. Stay away from Bonneville until the water temp cools a little. I would hit the line below the Kalama with Alvins with chartrues or blue. 5' dropper and 5' leader in 25-40' of water. Lather it up with lemon Joy and a spray of Wd-40. Your odds will be good!

Good Luck

Jfool :cool:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
After a summer of work my buddy (chuckdog) and I finally get to go fishing. He has a boat to use. Hopefully we aren't too late to get into all these beautiful Chinook you guys have been posting about.

We have virtually no experience with the URB thing (have caught hundreds of fall salmon from the bank though). Where would you say our best bet is if you were going to direct us? Should we stay around the Cowlitz even with the potential netting today? We understand the basic rigs and fishing conditions there. Should we head up above Bonneville somewhere? Someone mentioned the mouth of the Klickitat - is that trolling warts or what and what are our chances realistically? We originally were going to be on the Deschuttes but with it silted up that seems hopeless.

ANY advice appreciated!!! Please be generous with it too!

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts