IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
10,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sitting at work yesterday watching fish after fish go past the cam… what a drag. Then I remembered one of the reasons I liked being my own boss – I can take work off! So today I found myself sitting on the river in the sunshine washing some lures with my wife and kids… its been a while since we all got out together and we were aiming to have some fun. :smash::smash::smash::smash:

When we pulled up to the slaughter grounds there were a couple of guys anchored up just about where I wanted to drop the hook. I pulled up and asked very nicely if they would consider repositioning to a known slaughter lane… if not I would go above no biggie. Well it’s a wonder when CALM people can have a NICE discussion how cooperative everyone can be – never got the names but they said they have seen posts so THANKS GUYS! :cheers: You really didn’t have to do that but that good karma paid off didn’t it! Great fishing next to you! :smile:

After watching the aforementioned gentle fishers get a couple bites my daughter, Maddie, started drawing pictures of fish putting the pressure on me!

It wasn’t too long before she was rewarded with a SHABAMALAM!

My daughter will make someone a fine catch someday thanks to my training! :jester:

An hour or so goes by and soon enough we get opportunity number two for my son… SHABAMALAMO! I thought this was a nicer fish when it started fishing upstream and I was right… he had it right up to the boat and it took another long run and soon mom had to step in and help (ya right this is what she did most of the day…)

My wife loves to sleep... er I mean fish! :shrug::blush:

We finally get the fish in the boat after a tag-team battle – 31lbs of URB, Morgan’s biggest fish ever! Big tip for you new guys - this fish bit for about 30 seconds - no kidding. It looked like grass on the line... with a little twitch then a little pull, dip, tug, wiggle, pull, slow bend down... down... line peels - SET THE HOOK! guys next to me thought I was messing around till the rod went down! :smash: Wait for the rod to burry and stay down with these fish and you wont miss too many!

I edited my hand out as Moe did not want that thing to bite him! :shocked::shrug::hearton:

Here is the obligatory kill pic!

:smash::smash::smash::smash: :smash::smash::smash::smash:

We had one other half-hearted bump. It looks like about half the boats had chances at fish today – hopefully it gets hot by the weekend cause its back to work again… maybe just tomorrow… maybe…

Details – 55ft of water one fish on blue tip Alvin the other on Simon silver with fish scale… I really like these Simon Lures.

· Registered
13,724 Posts
looks like a great Day I hope to get the boy into his first URB this fall rp

· Administrator
129,587 Posts
I sure miss these reports, Mr. 5 Cents! I'm glad to see your family having fun!

Jen

· Registered
6,678 Posts
My daughter is going to love seeing this report and pics!
Thank You so much, I dont fish up there, but maybe someday. Thanks for sharing what a good time the family can have hookin the big ones.

· Registered
10,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

· Registered
963 Posts
WOO HOO!!!!
Some nice looking bright URB's if I dont say so myself!!!:smash:

Blood on the shirt for a kid with a big fish... priceless!!!

Thanks for the report, and good job on the feesh:yay::cheers:

Good to see a return of the...SHABAMALAM!

· Registered
13,408 Posts
Dude you're killing me......I know that spot well...but it's tough to get to when you're sitting in Reno :frown::frown::frown::frown:

I think my boat probably won't even float anymore.

TR

· Registered
145 Posts
5-Cents

It was great fishing by you and watching your kids get into fish. It is really great to see family's have fun out on the water. We could not tell how big your fish was when you netted it, but the happy shouts for joy indicated it was a big fish.:meme: Way to go. :applause: The move did bring us Karma. My dad ended up with an 18lber. We lost one other and had another takedown. My dad took me fishing alot as a kid, now I enjoy taking him out and watching him get into fish.

Awesome day on the water.

IB

· Registered
9,881 Posts
$.05
Nice looking fish, kids have all the luck.:grin::grin::grin:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.