IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get a really solid anchor hook up in the lower Willy and Columbia (sand/clay/mud bottommed). However I am looking at fishing the Willy up near Albany this weekend and would appreciate any advice on anchor types for that area and bottom type (gravel). The boat is a 19' Alumaweld.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
I use a rocking chair style anchor on 150 feet of rope with 4 feet of 5/8 chain. Anchor weighs about 37 pounds. It has a good angle on the tines and the ends a very pointy. I can anchor anywhere I want in the upper willy. :smile:

·
Banned
51 Posts
I use the same rocking chair style anchor, same chain, same rope.... BUT...I add a 15 lb Triagle lead anchor to it. I have one chain link welded to rocking chair anchor that connects to the lead anchor with a clevis, making it easy to remove or ad the weight as needed. The added weight really makes the tines dig in. DONT USE THIS ON ANYTHING BUT A GRAVEL BOTTOM if you value your anchors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts