IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IFish Hunters. I need yourhelp. I have a Upper Deschutes Tag this year, for the first time, and know little about the unit. I expect to camp in the south of the Mt. Bachelor area but can be persuaded otherwise. Any help is appreciatted.

· Banned
3,014 Posts
Donnie,

Usually, here on iFish, we like to hear a little bit about you, where you're from, married, kids, good looking or ugly, those kind of things; kind of an ice breaker. Kind of like walking into somebody's camp you don't know and sitting down to tip one back without introducing yourself...just kind of a tradition. So, why don't you toss us a little bio on yerself! :crazy:

On the hunting around Bachelor, I wouldn't bother. My son and I hunted around that whole area between Bachelor and Sunriver and rarely saw more than a few does.

Rumor has it, from another thread about this very topic a couple of weeks ago, that the south end of the Upper Deschutes Units seems to do better than the middle portion around Bachelor. The northern portion south of Sisters might be decent, but I've not hunted that area.

· Registered
8,349 Posts
Donnie,

Usually, here on iFish, we like to hear a little bit about you, where you're from, married, kids, good looking or ugly, those kind of things; kind of an ice breaker. Kind of like walking into somebody's camp you don't know and sitting down to tip one back without introducing yourself...just kind of a tradition. So, why don't you toss us a little bio on yerself! :crazy:
:yeahthat:

Like how did you get the name Donnie? :D

Or tell us about your ability to miss a three point when it is too close. :passout:

And just like Bait of Eggs, anyone who knows you knows you married much better than your wife did. :hearton:

:wave:

Good luck on your hunt. You'll need it.

:cheers:

· Registered
24,199 Posts
round swamp campground, then hunt the burn on foot should work. the burn is a travel management area, only the main roads are legal for motor traffic. deer will be getting water from the reservoir and davis lake with a couple guzzlers in the burn. walk the closed roads very slow, south of wickiup. if you do this all day you will see bucks. early and late they will be moving, mid day you will catch them bedded near the roads.

· Registered
250 Posts
I just got back from five days over there. here is the good... elk are starting to bugle. I saw lots of deer. and the bad is the deer didn't have any horns, and I could never get close enough. I never saw am elk. O only heard them. but that was fun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.