IFish.net banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
Here's their 4.5l V8 Turbo diesel Toyota has so far not brought over, big three should be very grateful.

• Designation: 1VD-FTV
  • Maximum power: Single turbo: 151 kW (202 hp; 205 PS) @ 3400 rpm;[2] Twin turbo: 200 kW (268 hp; 272 PS) at 3400 rpm[3]
  • Maximum torque: Single turbo: 430 N⋅m (317 lb⋅ft) @ 1200-3200 rpm;[2] Twin turbo: 650 N⋅m (479 lb⋅ft) @ 1600-2600 rpm[3]
  • Fuel Consumption (ADR81/02 combined): Single turbo: 11.9 l/100 km (23.7 mpg‑imp; 19.8 mpg‑US);[2] Twin turbo: 10.3 l/100 km (27.4 mpg‑imp; 22.8 mpg‑US)[3]

How many of those 3/4T Tundra's could they sell? New Tundra in 2022, maybe we'll see it then? :cheers:

·
Registered
8,734 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yikes. I had a Ram with a Cummins briefly. I loved towing with it, but it had problem after problem. I replaced it with a Tundra and couldn't be happier. I do miss the way that thing drove and towed though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
I bought a 12V Cummins that came with a Dodge. Love the Cummins, the Dodge part not so much.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I bought a 12V Cummins that came with a Dodge. Love the Cummins, the Dodge part not so much.

Hahah. This is the same as saying I bought a ford that came with a 6.0. Out the Cummins in the ford and the world will be right again.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Hahah. This is the same as saying I bought a ford that came with a 6.0. Out the Cummins in the ford and the world will be right again.

Fummins! Lol...

Part of me wonders if I should really switch from a life long brand due to this one truck and partial problems of my 2015...It all boils down to customer service/experience and how I have been treated, honestly. Just seems like corp. or dealership doesn't care....Nobody can get an answer from dealership...rental service can't get a P.O which means I have to submit for reimbursement some $700 for my rental car for the week I used it to corp...which will take months to get back.

I think a new Tundra TRD would do everything I need...haul my 20ft alum. boat and my smaller Kubota tractor if I need to tow it somewhere. On top of that, no mechanical problems?!?!?!

·
Registered
9,071 Posts
one thing to consider is that all the dealerships nowadays the service dept. gets a commission if they sell something. so they cant be trusted to tell you the truth about needed repairs. ive been told i had two oil leaks needed fixing and it would cost 4000. yet on my cement floor i see no drops ever.

·
Premium Member
16,698 Posts
Fummins! Lol...

Part of me wonders if I should really switch from a life long brand due to this one truck and partial problems of my 2015...It all boils down to customer service/experience and how I have been treated, honestly. Just seems like corp. or dealership doesn't care....Nobody can get an answer from dealership...rental service can't get a P.O which means I have to submit for reimbursement some $700 for my rental car for the week I used it to corp...which will take months to get back.

I think a new Tundra TRD would do everything I need...haul my 20ft alum. boat and my smaller Kubota tractor if I need to tow it somewhere. On top of that, no mechanical problems?!?!?!
How do you pronounce Toyota TRD? I've seen them on the road.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
...that 2021 RAM TRX should be released end of this year...702HP 650 ft. lb torque...They have a T-Rex eating a Raptor under the hood...just like Jurassic Park. 1/4 mile in 4.5 sec. Solid axle Dana 60 rear (Very appealing). Apparently also a lighter and much stronger frame. They want like $71K starting though....ew.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Those Toyota diesel engine specs seem to be about what the Ford/Chevy/Ram 1/2 diesels have and about half what the 3/4 ton diesels have. I guess that’s the reason Toyota doesn’t build a 3/4 ton.

For reference. He’s the info on the Ford 1/2 tons. The diesel has 250 HP and 440 ft lb of torque. https://media.ford.com/content/dam/.../US/product/2020/f150/2020-F150-TechSpecs.pdf

The 3/4 has 475 HP and 1050 ft lb of torque. https://www.ford.com/trucks/super-duty/features/power/

2010, I went to see a Toyota/Yanmar 8LV diesel engine in a boat built by Precision Weld boats. The engine weighed 970lbs, 800lbs torque a 2800 RPM and 370 HP.
One smaller boat(22') had a single engine and a larger boat had twins.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
one thing to consider is that all the dealerships nowadays the service dept. gets a commission if they sell something. so they cant be trusted to tell you the truth about needed repairs. ive been told i had two oil leaks needed fixing and it would cost 4000. yet on my cement floor i see no drops ever.
Yep, while I was having my oil changed, the service manager told me that my air cleaner needed replacing and should we just go ahead and do it, I said thats strange, it's a K&N and there are 2 stickers in red stating so, he said ok and walked away. Lol

·
Registered
345 Posts
...that 2021 RAM TRX should be released end of this year...702HP 650 ft. lb torque...They have a T-Rex eating a Raptor under the hood...just like Jurassic Park. 1/4 mile in 4.5 sec. Solid axle Dana 60 rear (Very appealing). Apparently also a lighter and much stronger frame. They want like $71K starting though....ew.

I haven’t driven the trx but I have driven the rebel and you could not pay me to own a new ram truck. All 5 that I have driven, Avis likes to rent them, have been terrible. I even had one as the first renter. 75 mph you can actually feel the doors flexing away from the cab. Not a good feeling.

·
Registered
669 Posts
2010, I went to see a Toyota/Yanmar 8LV diesel engine in a boat built by Precision Weld boats. The engine weighed 970lbs, 800lbs torque a 2800 RPM and 370 HP.
One smaller boat(22') had a single engine and a larger boat had twins.
I don't think Toyota builds that engine. I think it may be all Yanmar. This is all I could find on Toyota / Yanmar. https://www.yanmar.com/global/news/2016/03/01/8464.html

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yanmar doesn't build everything. One of their diesel marine engines is BMW, same motor as my wife's X5.
That is true. But I wasn't able to find anything on the 8LV being a Toyota. Also the small BMW Yanmar did not make a very good Marine Engine. Lots of problems in the Jet Boats. Not sure who's fault it was but I do know that I would not buy any boat that has one. I believe it was called the 6BY.

·
Registered
8,734 Posts
It doesn’t really matter because they don’t even have their small diesel in the US, and that would be far easier than building a 3/4 or 1 ton from scratch.

·
Registered
37,376 Posts
Clack: Correct 6BY. It does rev pretty high for a diesel. I think red line in wife's car is a little over 4500.

A bit odd but you go outside the US (NZ) and most small trucks have diesels including Toyota and Ford Ranger. Probably different pollution standards.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts