IFish.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been up in Oregon for a few days now. Steelheaded over Labor Day weekend with Stickfish and family on the Rogue. We all driftboated with Jeff Helfrich and his guides for 3 days. Still a little early for the steelies this year, it was a little slow until the last day a couple miles above Foster's Bar where it picked up pretty good. Oh well, the food that Jeff served up and the food at Marial Lodge was sure fine. We got enough keepers by lunch on last day to grill up some some delish pink ones. Brought home several keepers we plan to smoke the next day or so. I highly recommend Jeff's Tightlines guide service to anybody wanting to get a high quality db fishing / whitewater experience on MacKenzie, Rogue or Middle Fork Salmon, Idaho. So now I'm hanging our with Stickfish for the next few days. We were planning on some tuna action but looks like the wx might not cooperate. So instead we will head out for some Columbia chinook action this week. That's all gonna be a brand new experience for this born & bred southerner where it's mostly bass and crappie with some occasional action down on the gulf coast and bays. I am psyched to catch some nice chinooks! Will report back later and try to shed this "fry" posting status.

rivergeek

·
Registered
17,793 Posts
It was still a great trip - I've spent many hours this year on the ocean chasing tuna and having a heck of a year doing it. But running the deck and teaching tuna 101 every weekend kept this newby 1st mate on his toes. It was sure nice to sit back and have someone else do all the work and have some of the best scenery in Oregon floating by. Many 100's of pics and videos were shot by our group, the slow process has began. Video running the rapids and live action shots of fish on to come.

The crowning achievement came from Mrs C - she out fished the entire party COMBINED. On the last day every time I looked over her rod was bent. More to come.

Me I only managed a few natives - released to continue up river - dreaming of the two salt hold over on a 6-7wt that dream and others will just have to wait.

just waiting on Fed-x than off to begin the nook show

1 - 2 of 2 Posts