IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this stuff yet? I picked up some at Fisherman's today in the Salmon/Steelhead flavor. I want to try it on a corkie/yarn drift rig. Seems like one drop should be plenty. Stuff is POTENT!

[ 10-18-2003, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Catch 22 ]

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Catch 22 You may want to try a Search on the Topic. I remember seeing several post about the Subject during Aug. and Early Sept.

I have never tried it but heard it stinks :shocked:

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly, Gotfish. I've done the search thing. Many posts about a product that nobody around here had tried really. Now that it's been on the market for a few months, I'm wondering if anyone has any time tested results. I am especially interesed in it's effect in driftfishing. I've heard it works well for trolling and running large plugs on anchor. However, that's a different story than the fastwater driftfishing we do on the Clack.

·
Registered
95 Posts
We have been using this stuff on the Clearwater drifting. Personally I don't see a whole lot of difference between baits with Ultrabite and the baits we use with our own scent. It may in some situations cause the fish to be a little more persistant than they might otherwise be with UNTREATED baits. I can honestly say it doesn't put them off....whether it is any better than a good scent I can't really say. We have boated enough fish to really give this stuff a good try...So the answer to your question, we now keep a bottle of it with the other scents and use it when we think it might help. It is no silver bullet but in the right situations it probably will up your odds. Yea, and it stinks........

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
Stink is right, some claim the stuff you buy via internet and the UK is different than what you can get at fishermans. Just the stink alone, outta be illegal. give me anise anytime...

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Jennie and her kids use it to make some killer cookies (literally). :grin:

[ 10-20-2003, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: Thumper ]

·
Registered
857 Posts
I've tried it fishing at Cedar Creek for Coho. So far, can't really say that it's helped at all. Each time has been either drift fishing with Eggs, or floating eggs. When the fish aren't biting, the Ultrabite didn't seem to help at all.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
I am undecided at this point. Nothing in the catch one way or the other , but time will tell. Hope this isn't just some Englishmans way of releaving us "silly yanks" of some of our money. I have heard that Evian bottled water came about as the result of a bet about how "niave" us americans were. Hopefully that is just a old wives tale, but I'm here to bet you that there have been quite a few american dollars spent on this as yet very smelly liquid. I know they got me for 20 some bucks.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts