IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey iFishers,

Picked a bunch of vials of this stuff up recently and it's currently stinking up my office. Would love to hear if anyone else has tried it and what your experience was.

TIA!

WLW

·
Administrator
119,648 Posts
It DOES stink, doesn't it!? :smile:

Where did you get some? Thought it wasn't available yet.

I just got a bottle of secret stash, and one for the ifishstock party. :smile:

I'm giving it away! Can you believe that?

Click here for a past discussion on this stuff.

Yes, it works.

Jen

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Jen,

I just ordered it from thier website - it didn't take long to get here. It came to about $16 I think with shipping from the UK and I think I have about 20 of the small plastic vials. Even sealed in a ziplock my wife came in my office going "what reeks?" So it went outside in the garage :wink:

WLW

·
Registered
609 Posts
Ditto WestLinnWader. Just got mine. Ready to mix a few batches for B10 & beyond. Took 2 weeks & came to under $20. Now let's see if it can catch fish! :dance:

Full Freezer

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I've got the fridge in the garage stinking real nice. Somehow my pals figured out that I've got some. They want to go in on a bigger order. Mine took 12 days to get here from the time I hit the send button. I have found a spot that is offering a 2-fer special, although I'm not sure if it includes shipping.
One of my buds is thinking that by the time they market it in the USA there is a good chance that it will be diluted to a degree, to maximize profits. Anybody else thinking along these lines? As far as the stink goes I may try and store it in coffee grounds, then when the coffee starts to go bad, maybe I'll make a special cup-o-joe for the pesky neighbor. :grin:

·
Registered
244 Posts
MikeyMoto or West Linn Wader
Would you be willing to share the website adddress? I have checked out a number of sites that sell it but I didn't want to have to order it and then find out that particulare site doesn't ship to U.S.. If you don't want to post it here just send it to me in an e-mail. Thanks

·
Administrator
119,648 Posts
I know you can order it there.. I just wonder if it's the same stuff.
I think it is, since it smells so bad! :smile:

Bill used it today for his fish.
Bingo!

I am having a tough time deciding what to use lately... I love Marie's... We went steelhead fishing the other day and Bill smothered his lure in Marie's shrimp Scent and got two fish right away!

Then, he used Ultra bite and got a chinook today! (He's on a roll!)

I used Ultra bite most of the day, but then switched to Marie's and got the jack, and then used it again, and got the one I crackered off.

I think it just depends. I know for a fact that they BOTH work. It's like anything else.. If something isn't working for you, try something else you believe in!

Bill's sauce of the day was Ultra Bite. Mine was Marie's.
I'm keeping score. :smile:
Jen

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just ordered some myself....and how are you guys applying it to herring??? Injecting it, or putting it in the brine? So many fish, so little time...
Russ :smile:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
2 fer site is not working properly. I'll have to call him on the phone, besides he dosn't list the salmon one on his site but he says he has it. There isn't a way to order the wrong scent and tell him to substitute the correct one. I'll get back to you when it is figured out.
Jennie, I ordered mine from the UB site, and yes it is the real stuff, same package, same official site, and same STINK!!!Kinda an extra salty crab boil with some shrimp thrown in, eat the goods them cool the water and give your dog a bath in it kinda smell, huh, sound familar?
Mikeymoto

[ 08-03-2003, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Mikeymoto ]

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks Dawhunt, I ordered some this evening. I am going to order some Top Secret and try mixing the 2 together.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Making an Ultrabite Gel.

Use powder gelatine that you can buy in any supermarket. The mix is 10 grams of Gelatine to 500 ml of water, This dissolves in about 20 minutes in seawater, the time will vary according to sea temperature, and current speed. If you want a really stiff gel that will take much longer to dissolve up the amount of Gelatine to 20 grams.

Follow the instructions on the Gelatine packet but YOU MUST ALOW THE MIX TO COOL TO 20 C BEFORE ADDING THE ULTRABITE! If it is hotter the Pheromones can be damaged and you will reduce the effectiveness

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Apparently not everyone is unanimous in their praise of this product. FWIW, I found these comments on a UK site (WD40 for conger :shocked: !):

"Clem Boyle feels:-

I can't write anything as what I would like to say about Ultra ****e isn't printable, like one of the other lads said WD40 works a lot better, Conger go mad for it.

Forget the Ultra-Bite !

There is a rumour that the casting consultant for Beachcaster.com used WD40
in a recent doubles comp to win the comp with a bucket full of dabs and
pout!!!!!!!!

Tony Cutter is: -NOT IMPRESSED!

I've used the "cod, Pollack & coalfish" variety.
Never caught any of these fish when using it - come to think of it - never caught many fish at all when using it.

Also - poor instructions on how to use it. Are you only meant to put it on non-live bait? (squid, Mack. strips, crab etc). Using it on live worm baits, I found that it has a disastrous result; shriveling once healthy, lively worms to skinny, lifeless critters.

I think that the people involved in its development would have been better engaged in trying to discover a crab repellent - these are the only creatures in the N.Sea who seem to be attracted to ULTRA BITE.

Perhaps they should say on the packet "for COD (if you're lucky), POLLACK (only joking), COALFISH (maybe), and SHORE CRAB,( works best). - for best results, do not apply to bait)"

Luke Scully says....

What is this stuff?

How do you use it?

Where can you buy it?

How much does it cost?

Answer and I will try it out for you.

Stumpy Says....

Only had one session were it worked, now the more I use it the less I catch,
the cod one! It sits ideal in the fridge.

Not impressed

Adam Lawrence told us....

I'm not a boat angler, only shore. having bought the product I ventured on a
controlled experiment over five sessions. One rod with and one without. The
only difference was the ultrabite attracted more crabs. Yippee!

Another told us...

I first tried Ultabite whilst fishing a local club match in October of last year. Impressed by reports I had seen both in the press and online I was eager to try it out. My expectations soared skywards when my first cast with a three hook bomber landed a Bass and just out of size Whiting. This stuff is good, I thought as I went on to catch twenty plus Whiting throughout the duration of the match, thirteen of which were in size. My ten year old son had his best day ever, taking eight. However back at the weigh-in, I was not the only one to have a bag full of Whiting with many members weighing in bags of twenty plus. Since that day I have continued to use Ultabite but without the success of that day in October. I have to say that I need a little more evidence that it is as effective as the makers claim."

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Just ordered my ultra bite and some top-secrete stuff, should be here in time for the big push of fall fish. If it works for me it will work for everyone, I could make a dupont spinner not catch fish :wink:

[ 08-04-2003, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: fish_on ]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts