IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:shrug: :shrug:

Ok what is this stuff??

Where do you get it??

Does it work??

How Much $$$$$$$$$$$?????

I Need to get out to the BIG BLUE 10 anyone.

:whazzup: :whazzup: :whazzup:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Got mine in the mail today , it didnt say anything about storage on the outside, so I hucked it in the fridge. I will try it on herring this weekend...maybe a spoon, spinner or wobbler....I am thinking of mixing some with one of the favorite aerosol attractants in a pump type spray bottle to spray on spinners, etc. As previously mentioned, injection will be the method for the herring/anchovie. Russ

·
Registered
17,227 Posts
I inquired about an Oregon retailer (to avoid international shipping from merry old UK), here's the reply I received:

"Thanks for your email. We are waiting for the initial shipment of Ultra Bite
to arrive, that should be in a couple of weeks. Fisherman's Marine in
Portland will have the product available. Look for it to be on the shelves
by mid September.

The salmon/steelhead formula should be very effect on fall salmon. I have
used it in Alaska and on Lake Ontario with fantastic results.

Regards,

Bob Funk
V.P. of Sales & Marketing
O. Mustad & Son (USA), Inc."

·
Registered
182 Posts
Fishermans????? Oh man, there'll be so much of it in the CR how we going to know if it works??? :wink: GLad I got mine :dance: If it doesnt, I can just put it with the other 9 gillion dollars worth of stuff I've tried. :smile: Russ

·
Registered
244 Posts
Jignfloat
If that much gets into the river the fish will start eating the rocks.

DOES IT WORK
Ultrabite works for sure, in field tests, one of the problems has been that, as a result of drawing so many fish to a swim, line bites have been too prevalent - so they had to reduce some of the hormone levels, there is also evidence on video that shows fish trying to eat stones as there was no food available for them to eat.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">This is from www.birdstackle.com

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hmmmm....must be why they say to put it directly on the hooks of artificials :shrug: QUess I'll add a few rocks to one of the tackle boxes. :whazzup: Jign

·
Registered
841 Posts
What ever you do, don't use it when baking cookies! :sick:

I have it from a high authority that it can be highly flamable. :shrug:

[ 08-13-2003, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: fishisabonus ]

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
When I got mine from UB it came to about $17., it depends on the currency exchange rate the day the transaction is settled by the credit card company.
It sure does stink even through the packaging. I've been storing it in a extra ziploc in the outside fridge. When my other order comes in I'll vac pack it and keep it out there also. When its cold it just smells like road kill, instead of salty, fishy, road kill.
I also got an email that they are working on a gel formula, and gave some suggestions to try in the mean time.
I do wonder if they will cut its potency to maximize profits in the US, not sure but I have a feeling...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Finally got mine today. :smile: My credit card shows a charge of 19.??

I commented to my my wife that is sure does stink. I could smell it before I even opend the mailing envelope. She said what smell? Does that mean she is used to fish smell because of me? Couldn't be, I don't catch enough. Oh, maybe I just stink all the time.

Can't wait to try it. :dance: :dance: Maybe in the next day or two. I will be trying Top Secret also. I will try them separately and together.

I will try post the results. Although I hope to be too busy cleaning fish to post right away. :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I ordered some, I understand it stinks,,,,but does it work??? Anyone have a story with using it????

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Got mine yesterday,I'm going to colville,Wa.for 4 days sso I'll be useing it Tues. also I got my syicky bait from Marie and will definatly be useing that. :dance: .
Bob

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
We have been using it for over a year down here. Yes, it does work. And, Yes, it definitely smells :shocked:

RF

·
Registered
410 Posts
I put some vials in our spare fridge in our laundry room. I have it double sealed with zip lock bags. The Vials havent even been opened, anyhow they have been in there a week and I have been waiting for my wife to say something. Well lastnight she smelled it. I use that frige and freezer for all my bait and scents but she says that one has got to go. So not sure what I am going to do with it now, I dont want to waste it and I have no where to keep it out side with no garage. I will have to think of something. Maybe pick up a spare fridge for outside that I can lock up.

I had some luck with it last weekend bank fishing for stealhead.
We were camping on the river and I put it on my spin and glow about 11pm and went to sleep with my bell on, on a incoming tide, well the next morning about 1/2 after the tide changed to outgoing, I got woke up by my bell hitting the ground and my drag buzzing. After I got the fish in I smelled my lure and it still had that nasty smell on it. I mixed it with some Mikes Shrimp oil and it worked fine. I think it will work better for Fall Chinook.

Best of luck

SS

·
Administrator
119,703 Posts
I was fishing the upper Nehalem the other day, and Bill and I decided I'd go up the ramp and into the store for a corn dog or two.

Got in the store, dressed, totally normally... no fishing gear, and the guy says, "How is fishing?"
I said, "Fine, how'd you know I was fishing and not just a tourist?"

He said, "Because you smell really bad!"

Tee hee!

I'd only used it once that day!

It's B A D D D D!

Jen

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you are going to store that stuff in the fridge...even the bait fridge either vac pack it or just put it in a good canning jar with a regular canning lid. It will not get out of a glass jar with the lid cranked down.
It would be wise to slap a big note on the top of that jar stating open at your own risk......
j

1 - 20 of 57 Posts