IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a chance to visit the Ukrainians in Tijuana, Mexico last month. Many of them took the train to Warsaw, Poland. Then a flight from Warsaw to Paris to Mexico City and to Tijuana.

Calvary Church in San Diego spear headed the logistics in Tijuana. They met with the local government and asked for 400 beds, buses, WIFI, etc. Within 3 hours, the government said YES to all.

Then some of the Ukrainian churches in the Sacramento area came down and volunteered selflessly.

It's a 24 hour operation as people are being picked up from the airport to the temporary shelter then to the US border.

There was one single mom who was fleeing with her child. She was on the way to the train station where she found another child next to child's dead parents. When she arrived at the train station, she found 2 more children w/o parents. Now she became a mother of 4. Thankfully she made it safe to San Diego with all 4 children.

Continuing to pray for world peace!

Outerwear Selling Tree Tent Public space

Event Linens Bag Room T-shirt

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Sky Tire
Product Community Leisure Fun Art
Field house Chair Fan Hall Building
Computer Table Desk Personal computer Laptop
Trousers Furniture Chair Tent Leisure
Bus Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle
Shorts Smile Shirt Natural environment Vehicle

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
So much senseless tragedy. Good on those groups and the Mexican Government for their help.

Reactions: uspolymer

·
Vendor
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A large group of Haitians are at the border too along with countless others from different nations. Some have been waiting for months and some for years to come to the States. From their perspective, when they see the Ukrainians cross the border so easily, there's a bit of jealousy too.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Here's an interesting piece from a reporter who recently visited the shelters for Ukrainians in Tijuana.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's an interesting piece from a reporter who recently visited the shelters for Ukrainians in Tijuana.

I was overcome with emotions when I visited them too.
Thanks for sharing the link.

Reactions: slinger

·
Registered
793 Posts
I was overcome with emotions when I visited them too.
Thanks for sharing the link.
I can only imagine. I'll never experience that kind of hardship.

It's too easy these days to forget that, unless we're Native American, we ALL came here from somewhere else, leaving something worse and looking for something better. I hope they find peace and a new place to call home.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
There was one single mom who was fleeing with her child. She was on the way to the train station where she found another child next to child's dead parents. When she arrived at the train station, she found 2 more children w/o parents. Now she became a mother of 4. Thankfully she made it safe to San Diego with all 4 children.
We need more people like this in our world... Those poor kids, thank god she came along.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts