IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 929 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not wanting to totally derail Big Foot's chukar report thread, I thought I'd start an ugly dog thread!

So, I'll start. Everybody, please meet Oly. He turns 5 month October 1st and has been an absolute joy to raise so far. He is a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon and is turning into a wonderful family dog and is already showing great natural abilities to be a hunter.

How he lounges around most the time - waiting for someone to rub his belly.

Taking a break from running around

On alert in the boat (though after a while he'd rather sleep on the deck where it's nice and cool lol)

Always intrigued

And of course.... what he looks like wet... lol

Tons of puppy pics from the breeder here: https://www.facebook.com/QuakingAspenGriffons

So... There's my ugly dog. Now, let's see yours!

·
Registered
7,589 Posts
Sorry dude. But that dog is anything but ugly. He's very handsome
I have a buddy that's on his second griffon. Love those dogs

"If you see a opossum, kill it, it's not a pet"

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
If I wasn't a lab snob I would totally be an ugly dog guy. Man they are a cool breed. I hope to be owned by one someday. Nice pup!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry dude. But that dog is anything but ugly. He's very handsome
That's what I keep telling my wife! ... Somehow she thinks that if I have a dog with a beard, then I won't need to grow one myself. lol

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Blue about 7 years ago grouse hunting somewhere north of Joseph.

Blue and Jack, chukar/quail near Ione two years ago.

Blue yesterday pheasant hunting on Sauvie (with Jack).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good choice with the new thread.
I too am a snob.....a beer snob! But I only hunt with Ugly Dogs.
Here are a few pictures of my 2 mutts from the last year and a half.
1st, 3rd & 5th Moxie now 1 1/2 years old....2nd & 4th Camlin 3 years old.
Conobirds

Attachments

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Faces only an owner could love. Tell me, them dogs gotta sneak up on the food bowl.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not wanting to totally derail Big Foot's chukar report thread, I thought I'd start an ugly dog thread!

So, I'll start. Everybody, please meet Oly. He turns 5 month October 1st and has been an absolute joy to raise so far. He is a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon and is turning into a wonderful family dog and is already showing great natural abilities to be a hunter.

How he lounges around most the time - waiting for someone to rub his belly.

Ugly? That's a darn cute dog!

Taking a break from running around

On alert in the boat (though after a while he'd rather sleep on the deck where it's nice and cool lol)

Always intrigued

And of course.... what he looks like wet... lol

Tons of puppy pics from the breeder here: https://www.facebook.com/QuakingAspenGriffons

So... There's my ugly dog. Now, let's see yours!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Love all the griff pics! Gorgeous dogs even though I'm partial to the pudelpointers.

Ugly is the new beautiful in dogs. While this guy is a pudelpointer and should belong in the ugly dog category, he gets nothing but compliments. Still I wish he was scruffier. That and nobody ever guesses his breed correctly. And they only thing I have been disappointed in the PP breed is constantly having to tell people that "NO...it's not just like a labradoodle!"

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bullfrog,
Where is your dog out of?
Camlin left is out of Willow Creek Kennels and Moxie right is from Prairie Trouts Kennel; both are from Cedarwood's studs!

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cono...those are great looking dogs. I got mine (Hank) from Steve Waller at Tall Timber Pudelpointers in Oakland, Oregon. I had a great experience with Steve. He's been really helpful. The stud dog was also from Cedarwood. There are lots of good bird dogs out there, but after this guy I'm not sure I could ever not have a pudelpointer. We are thinking about adding another one and it's actually my wife that is pushing for it if you can believe that. Not sure how much longer my practicality will hold out.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Probably one of my all time favorite pictures of Sage.

Three honkers & two roosters fifteen minutes into shooting light on a 10 degree morning. One of the roosters was a runner that we thought we had lost until we couldn't figure out where the heck Sage had disappeared to. He was gone about five minutes then came back with the rooster in his mouth like it was just another day at the office. :thisbig:

·
Registered
38,811 Posts
MotoX: Very nice looking Griff. Must not be from local stock?

Conobirds: Didn't I see your dogs over at vdogs?

Rustyoar: Wilson is lookin' sharp.

·
Registered
38,811 Posts
Conobirds: I haven't taken any photos of my dog in maybe three years. I posted a bunch of long hunting stories/photos of some trips to N. Dakota but that's been a while. Also my photobucket account hasn't worked in a long time. Have a new computer, should give it another try. I think the last photos I posted was when Rustyoar's dog was 12 weeks old.

1 - 20 of 929 Posts