IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
10,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am just now perusing the fish counts of Bonneville. While we are way ahead of the ten year average in cumulative numbers, the daily count has been significantly trailing the ten year average for several days. We all know the river is pumping serious water. We have the odd reports that the hardy few are picking fish up. Dogzilla, in likely a bourbon induced slip of the lips, hinted that someone's brother-in-law's cousin's girlfriend's dad had a good day somewhere between Longview and Tokyo today.

The river, as can be seen here, is projected to start dropping: (VAPW1) COLUMBIA--AT VANCOUVER POP Station Summary

Could it be that there is this immense, seething horde of summers in the lower river/estuary, being held back by the high flows that are going to surge in the next five days, coming up to the close of the season? Will the river run red below my boat this weekend?

I'm just asking questions here.

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
I plan to fish at least 2-3 days of the 7 day of the season. Summer Solstice makes for an EARLY start!

Reactions: Spinitrode

·
Registered
41,893 Posts
SH: No Bourbon was involved in my report. It was not a slip. Fishermen helping fishermen. None of us own the whole river, we’re free to fish where ever we want. A report is just that, tells nothing beyond when it was created. Here today, gone tomorrow. My intent was to inform folks of fish in lower river more than likely headed up to their favorite spot. If someone thought my report was something special and it might be worth following up on, could possibly be reading too much into it. Or not. How good it has been has nothing to do with how good it will be. It’s a big river.

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
SH: No Bourbon was involved in my report. It was not a slip. Fishermen helping fishermen. None of us own the whole river, we’re free to fish where ever we want. A report is just that, tells nothing beyond when it was created. Here today, gone tomorrow. My intent was to inform folks of fish in lower river more than likely headed up to their favorite spot. If someone thought my report was something special and it might be worth following up on, could possibly be reading too much into it. Or not. How good it has been has nothing to do with how good it will be. It’s a big river.
Ya gotta admit that report description was pretty damn funny…, I about spit coffee all over my IPad reading that…

Now if Silver Hiltons fishing prowess comes even close to his writing skill, we should all follow this guy around. Very entertaining stuff here…. Kirk

·
Registered
329 Posts
I guess I’ll go first

Edit: Got this one on a spin glo and shrimp, released 3 sockeye, lost another chinook (bit in my hand before I got the rod in the rod holder) and had a handful more bites that didn’t stick. Water is off color and maybe 12” of visibility, hard to tell from the bank with the waves crashing at you and muddying up the water you can see. Grass wasn’t too bad on the outgoing tide, incoming tide the grass/weeds got pretty bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Ya gotta admit that report description was pretty damn funny…, I about spit coffee all over my IPad reading that…

Now if Silver Hiltons fishing prowess comes even close to his writing skill, we should all follow this guy around. Very entertaining stuff here…. Kirk
You could do worse than following him around and following his advice. Just don't take some of what he writes TOO seriously.

·
Registered
14,505 Posts
Um....summers don't start til what date?

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
You could do worse than following him around and following his advice. Just don't take some of what he writes TOO seriously.
I don't take ANYTHING on this forum too seriously, but giving the devil his due, this guy is a word smith with a great sense of humor.

I enjoy both these guys posts a lot. Kirk

·
Registered
10,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reactions: waterdog2

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
I appreciate the compliment. I seek to follow the traditions of Pat McManus, quoted here and Dave Barry, as seen here: A Journey into my colon, and yours.

@DogZilla15, whoooosh! It's humor, my friend, no criticism intended or implied.
This makes total sense to me now having "never sniffed a gift Fish" , and experienced "A Fine pleasant misery" some years passed.
The introduction to Dave Barry was appreciated. "The journey into my colon, and yours" was hilarious! Thanks for that. Made my day... Kirk

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Dave Barry has been writing a long time, it was hard to miss him living in Miami in the 90’s.

So it’s over on the 22nd below the dam ??

·
Registered
10,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SH: Ha ha, I wuz wunderin’. Yea, no harm done.

There’s six boats out in front of the house right now!!! All with nets out!!! Red (white) hot I tell ya....!
I'm anchored upriver in sixteen feet, thirty feet from shore, next to my sister's highschool ex gay lover's cousin, who said he thought one swam by earlier. Nothing yet for me.

·
Registered
10,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So it’s over on the 22nd below the dam ??

That's the current plan. A guy at the ramp said his father-in-law was listening on his 5G scanner and found a coded transmission between the wdfw field offices and Olympia (he's a network genius and used a php trace route to trace the packets). The geolocation of the 5G signal placed the phones in the respective office. The signals are that they are going to keep the shutdown, in order to get us off the river, so that the Lizard People can harvest the salmon, which they need to do to meet their protein needs. WDFW are allowing it so that they won't eat us. I am conflicted.

·
Registered
10,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Next you're going to tell me that you don't know about our alien overlords, the Lizard People.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Not to brag... But I can forget what I am doing while doing it.
So I usually don't pay to much attention to the people who think they rule the world. ;)
You mean those Lizard people? :ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts