IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have about 3 of these and 2 of them don't run straight, i have tried everything, the guy in the boat next to me today said,

" buy a dozen next time you might get 3 of them to work right"

i have alot of kwikfish and have never had to tune them.
any suggestions?? , i fished the mouth of the cowlitz today :shrug: . seen about 6 fish caught, none by us. slow from what everybody says.

was going to go to frenchmans bar tommorow but i think i might just sleep in. :sleep: kb

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Throw em all away Keith,,,,,,,try and use some black n purple feathers or maybe even a cedar plug..They always run true.. :grin: By the way,,got a few more yesterday on the big pond.......

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the reports i got were that is was slow. did you go on the irish, the report i saw said there was only 3 caught..

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I've noticed that the U20 doesn't run the same as Kwikies do. In fact, the ones that work best for me are those that nearly do circles under the water :shrug: . Same story with F7s.

While the Kwikfish "wobble" side to side sorta swaying, the U20 and F7 that work best for me seem to stand up (bill towards the river bottom) and get groovy by shaking all around, almost doing circles.

The U20 needs tuning when it gets more of a herring roll to it. Careful with those eyescrews, too much adjusting and they tend to loosen up quite a bit.

Happy bonking !
Chris :cool:

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
One thing you never want to do. Use a K9 kwikfish in flo. red with anise plus bait paste smeared all over it. :shrug: :grin: :grin: :wink:

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
never use k9's....they dont work givem all to me.... :grin:

·
Registered
13,979 Posts
What Chris said.

I have both the search and destroy and the straight and true divers. The hot and tot roll is the killer.

Mark and the blue pirate dog.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts