IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that there is a law or rule pending that will outlaw two stroke motors in Lakes and some streams after a period of time. Does anyone know anything about that and what kind of time frame are we talking about? Should make all two strokes pretty worthless after that happens.

:depressed:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
haftafish...i think i hear something about that almost every year....Probably won't happen any time soon...I think they will have to come up with 4-stroke chain saws and weedeaters before that happens.

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
318 Posts
Not a rumor, this rule is already in place on many lakes in national parks.

I don't remember what year it starts, 2005 i think, but Calif outlawed even 2 stoke lawn mowers. I have a friend who replaced his 2 stroke outboard with a 4 stroke last year. he towed his boat all the way to vancouver island to get his new engine because it was not worth anything on trade in Calif.

Have not heard about it here yet, but it is only time till we do.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I wonder what they will do with the new 2 strokes coming out that are suppose to meet the emissions requirements........

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Dorkfish, Ryobi came out with a 4-stroke weedeater a few years ago. Almost bought one. :cool:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I think the Optimaxes and such are good till around 2005, but I am not sure on the exact date. Even though they are mercs and they never start anyway, when they do there is zero smoke. :laugh: :laugh: :dance: Pretty amazing for a 2-Stroke

[ 05-08-2003, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: Mr. Carp ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts