IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its early but have you looked at Terrafin lately?

The tuna high way is wide open from southern Cal up to Oregon, you can view this for free just go to Terrafin enter the home page click the tab for free images, Terrafin shows water off northern Cal at 57-58. Oregon around 56.

Any predictions for early tuna??

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I know of a couple commercial boats heading out early next week. We will know something soon.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
It’s about time! Getting excited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
We were out by the thumb area Saturday and the water temperature was 58.3 at 8 am and the water was very blue. They will show up around the 20th because I will be out of town.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
We were out by the thumb area Saturday and the water temperature was 58.3 at 8 am and the water was very blue. They will show up around the 20th because I will be out of town.
The 20th will be perfect timing, ill be at the coast. Maybe a halicore trip will take place.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
I would think trolling some plugs the last few miles to halibut town or when you need to reset for another drift might be in order. Coho, Tuna, halibut, yes please.

The 20th will be perfect timing, ill be at the coast. Maybe a halicore trip will take place.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2,476 Posts
Blacktale,

I have been looking hard at Terrafin and trying not to get too excited, but I see a highway of 58 degree water.

A buddy is headed out next week, so hopefully I will get some information.

I have proven many times that it is a lot easier to catch the last tuna than the fist one, so I am going to let someone else try and catch the first one this year.

It is weeks not months to the first tuna and I can't wait.

Mike C

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I've been watching and waiting. And twitching a little bit when I start to think about it.

I see the highway shaping up, now I'm watching the north wind. If we get a hard blow for a few weeks on the south coast the tuna will be off Newport-little Italy. If the central coast blows up with the wind they will be down south.

At this point, they'll be where the chlorophyll bloom isn't.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Aug 1st for me...I decided to go fish in Alaska until then and let you guys spend the big fuel dollars on the hunt...lol... I sincerely hope fish show up late June/early July and its a banner year!

You and me both! Good Luck up north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Blacktale,

I have been looking hard at Terrafin and trying not to get too excited, but I see a highway of 58 degree water.

A buddy is headed out next week, so hopefully I will get some information.

I have proven many times that it is a lot easier to catch the last tuna than the fist one, so I am going to let someone else try and catch the first one this year.

It is weeks not months to the first tuna and I can't wait.

Mike C
I hope your buddy nails them, please keep me in the lope, Cheers.

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
HMMMM! The blue fin and yeller fin and tails will be here soon. :)

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

Mike C
A few years back I think I had the Second! Tuna in Oregon, someone beat me out by a couple hours. And, it was the Only Tuna we caught that day on a godawful long run!

·
Registered
11,461 Posts
Within 2 weeks off the S coast. :meme:

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
I think they are accessible from Charleston now. I'd bet you lunch money that if you headed to the 125*20 43*20, you could catch them today. It looks great out there. Water is blue and 59 degrees.

I wish I could go prove it but I have a family vacation starting Friday. Just no time to do it :(

Good luck boys! I'll be back on the 1st of July and ready to get them!

Chass
ct

·
Registered
11,461 Posts
I think they are accessible from Charleston now. I'd bet you lunch money that if you headed to the 125*20 43*20, you could catch them today. It looks great out there. Water is blue and 59 degrees.

I wish I could go prove it but I have a family vacation starting Friday. Just no time to do it :(

Good luck boys! I'll be back on the 1st of July and ready to get them!

Chass
ct
You may be right Chass, but I know of a Boat that went out further than that Fri & not a sign of Tuna, Tuna water moves in fast this time of the year tho, so maybe today, maybe tomorrow, maybe next week, soon, very soon.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts