IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tuna were every were all over the ocean Tues. We left the Windy bay bar @ 6:15 in the morning W/ about 6 other boats.(Big Al,Dadz boat,Bite me,Striper Bill,C- sport tom, & others) We started fishing when we saw jumpers about 20 miles our water temp about 60. I think one boat boated one but we couldn't get any takers. C-sport Tom reported he was in fish @ the 43.50.0 N X 125W line 20 miles farther out We pulled lines & headed out. Hardly got our lines in the water B4 the action started. We were getting doubles & triples consistently. We were back at the docks by 3:45 pm. I had one tuna newby on board , @ he had a ball.I think every boat out there got all they wanted. And the ones fishing inside (20 + miles out were picking up their share of the tuna also. A very good day by all who were out there. The tuna were hitting every collar lure we had out most popular was Black & purple cedar clear cedar then the mex,flag clone. Mike --WAYTOGO--

· Registered
2,321 Posts
Yes - I believe Fonzie (24' NR O/S "Miss Ellie") got 15 by 1pm or something like that - 45 miles from the barn...

· Registered
36 Posts
The tuna were every were all over the ocean Tues. We left the Windy bay bar @ 6:15 in the morning W/ about 6 other boats.(Big Al,Dadz boat,Bite me,Striper Bill,C- sport tom, & others) We started fishing when we saw jumpers about 20 miles our water temp about 60. I think one boat boated one but we couldn't get any takers. C-sport Tom reported he was in fish @ the 43.50.0 N X 125W line 20 miles farther out We pulled lines & headed out. Hardly got our lines in the water B4 the action started. We were getting doubles & triples consistently. We were back at the docks by 3:45 pm. I had one tuna newby on board , @ he had a ball.I think every boat out there got all they wanted. And the ones fishing inside (20 + miles out were picking up their share of the tuna also. A very good day by all who were out there. The tuna were hitting every collar lure we had out most popular was Black & purple cedar clear cedar then the mex,flag clone. Mike --WAYTOGO--
Met you at the boat launch to begin the day. We (2 folks) ended up at the 125 line also. got some nice fish. Largest @23.8 lbs. most around 22 lbs. couple of coke bottles. We had the same colors, Purple/Black, Green/Yellow/Red, Green/Red cedar plug and clear cedar. The Albacore seemed to hit all colors equally. What a day on the big water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.