IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little early with our "not-so" accurate weather forecasts, but Wet Sand says yes to next Tuesday and it seems the mood has swung towards disappointment rather than anticipation around here.

Who needs a day off and some flat water?

They're still out there...

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
I'm watching the same thing, and just got back in from "checking out" the boat. I'll probably go from Depoe though.

Do you think all those north-wind days will push them waaaaay out?

Skein

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
If the prediction is nice I will definitely be going. I have not had nearly enough of casting to jumpers. I will probably go from depoe also. Hope for flat seas.

Luke

·
Registered
22,364 Posts
3,877 Posts
Bud, I am in for sure....

I can drag my boat over there or if you need crew, let me know.....

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
You guys are a sick bunch...

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
Depoe or Little Italy, it looks like a good day to run.

·
Premium Member
8,752 Posts
Yes, the long range forecasts show the ocean gettting nicer starting Tues or Wed, I hope it'll last for more than a month too! I go to the coast next Wed for a week and hope to return for another week or two before the end of tuna season.
ron m

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yes, the long range forecasts show the ocean gettting nicer starting Tues or Wed, I hope it'll last for more than a month too! I go to the coast next Wed for a week and hope to return for another week or two before the end of tuna season.
ron m[/quote

I also hope you guys (and the forecasts) are right !! I'm scheduled out 9/11 - 9/13) on an overnight charter out of Wesport. If it's like the past two years, it's really a one day fishery - -9/12 -- if we can :smash::smash: the fish, and plug the boat. From earlier posts, it sounds like weather permitting, we may be able to do just that:cheers: !!

Best of good luck and fishing to you all,
and remember:
<*{{{{><

·
Premium Member
8,752 Posts
KF, I'm sure you'll catch lots of fish on that charter, especially if it's a livebait fishing trip.
ron m

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yep, it's livebait!!! I've gone on same charter every other year for about the last 10 or 12 years. It's developed into a "selfish" family tradition of mine: ie. taking my boys, and watching them enjoy some of their inheritance. This year only one of the two of them is going, but the other will be there in spirit!! I introduced some other fellows to the "tuna frenzy" a couple years ago, and guess what: We have the whole boat to ourselves this year.

LOOKING FOREWARD TO HAVING A REAL BLAST!!!!

<*{{{{><

Remember:

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
Sea-J intends to run out of Depoe Tuesday or Wednesday. Wednesday looks sick.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The Blue Ranger will be running out on Tuesday if conditions look good. I need a tuna fix as it has been over two weeks since I have caught one. I will probably try for some chinook as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Me....I could definately use a salt fix.

I exhausted from all the horn locking.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts