IFish.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post is coming two weeks late and I am sorry for that. I have been consumed by a new design at work and have been busy with visitors from out of state.

Anyhow, Tower Todd was gracious enough to allow me on his fishing machine "ISO KALA" two weeks ago to hunt the blue water off of westport for TUNA! This experience was like no other I have ever had on the water. After that day it was hard to remember what a salmon or halibut was. Which one is the flat one again?.....My memory escapes me because that fine day two weeks ago we filled Todd's 28' Albemarle with 25 Albies! We went about 30 miles out to Willapa Canyon and the bloodshed began almost immediately. It was non-stop action and the only time that we didn't catch fish was when we had the lines out of the water to ice and organize the tuna we had already caught! I have never seen BLUE WATER like that before and until that day never really understood what people meant by "JUST FIND THE BLUE WATER!" I have never seen so much blood shed in one outing. I got good at the routine of reeling, gaffiing, spiking, bleeding, and icing over and over and over again! Todd has the finest vessel for this type of bloodshed too, with outriggers and all. Hearing the clips go off is like standing on a suspension bridge and hearing the cables snap, followed by the non-stop squeal of the clickers as line peels off the reel!

I new I was in for a good time when I talked to Todd the night before and he said "I bet a 25lb tuna could pull a 50lb king (salmon) backwards. You are going to love this!" And he is right, I got the firsthand testament.

Tower Todd - Thanks for having me on board. It was an experience of a lifetime. I don't think I could ever thank you enough for introducing me to the sport of ALBACORE TUNA FISHING!

Thanks.:cheers::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Cornfed (aka Tommy)

Attachments

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
What are you thanking him for? This will end up costing you thousands!!!

Welcome to the Dark Side. :wave: You have been truly hooked!

Skein

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What else are you supposed to do with the money you earn? Food, water, and fishing....what else is there? I guess there is saving and investing money for the sake of fishing...I am going to have to start doing that! :bigshock:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nice pics, you got a ride on a great lookin boat. We have appreciated Tower Todd's posts and info found on the board.

·
Registered
4 Posts
got to love the dark side.
I owe tower todd a big thanks for all the trips i have been on too.
might be expensive but sure is priceless especially watching your two boys
cranking in those nice 20 to 25lb albies.
doesnt get any better.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
What else are you supposed to do with the money you earn? Food, water, and fishing....what else is there? I guess there is saving and investing money for the sake of fishing...I am going to have to start doing that! :bigshock:

Only thing you forgot was ICE!:laugh:
Welcome to the dark side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts