IFish Fishing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

· Registered
7,622 Posts
I LOVE this recipe. Takes a little more work that just what I do most days, just steak and throw on the grill for 90 seconds a side, but great for guests and a change of pace.

HuntnCoug, did you ever get an answer to your question about tuna loins? If you search in the salty dogs forum about "carking" instructions, you will see what we are talking about. Jessie's in Ilwaco sells loins.

· Registered
1,811 Posts
Wow! Just tried this for the first time and man-o-man, this is better than any 5 star restaurant. Used prosciutto parma (less salty than typical prosciutto). Oh my, did I say this was great?!!! Thank you, thank you!
:meme::meme:

· Registered
2,264 Posts
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I made sushi/shashimi last night. Raw albacore/tuna is the bomb!!!:dance:

if you follow the food critics and tv cooks, all bluefin, yellowfin, longfin, tuna should be quickly seared on the outside and left raw/opaque in the middle!!!

Truely DELICIOUS!!!!:dance:
I can hardly wait for next yr as I gave way to much of my bounty out to family and friends:hoboy:....I am rationioning already:passout:
But, but, but...... Tuna season has just begun? You're rationing already?

· The Measurer
2,664 Posts
Freak, et all-

Wow...I saw this post last year and had forgotten about it. Well, we plugged a boat full on Sunday, and I called the office (mostly women whom love sushi and sashimi) and told them to plan a lunch outing for "Tuna Bombs". I left it at that....they were hesitant, but I was insistent (as I had tried this Sunday night at our camp and knew they would dig it)!

We had the lunch today, I server 4 bombs to the small group, and a full fresh crab to each. I followed your recipe to a "T"...or a "B" for the first bomb. Then I mixed it up with a garlic jus, a wassabi jus, and a Worcestershire jus on the other 3. All went over so well that I might be required, on company time, to hit the pond again and stockpile some loins!

I think I'm definitely getting a raise, a new office, and more respect as a single father, whom they now think, who knows how to cook!

4 bombs down, dozens to go!

· Registered
978 Posts
We had decided early on, this will be our contribution to our Annual New Years Eve "wish it were summer" party!!
We've made a number of them & they are always a hit with everyone!!

Give it a try!! You'll not be disappointed !!

SG:flowered:

· Registered
606 Posts
Just Great, I canned the last of my first Tuna catch and now have no Loins:doh: I better find another Tuna ride :whistle:

That looks soo yummy! Thanks Freak for the recipe:meme:

Dan

· Registered
175 Posts
People think you are nuts to mix pork fat and fish, but there is nothing better. Just what in the world IS better! Great job!

21 - 40 of 71 Posts