IFish Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

Registered
Back in the 80s I worked for a guy fixing his amusement games and vending equipment. He would occasionally enjoy a little nose candy. Not exactly a big player, just a typical 80's party guy. In fact, he didn't finish his stash one weekend. Knowing his ladie's kids would be visiting the next weekend he promptly hid that little package in the bottom of his suite case. Then forgot about it. Until he was waiting in line at customs trying to re-enter the USA after a vacation trip to Europe. They didn't find it, but he said he needed to change his drawers after he cleared customs.

Registered
TSA has been out of control for a couple of decades. I try not to think about it. It鈥檚 not like I鈥檓 flying anywhere with most of my preferred locations locked down.

Registered
I don't have comment on crotch downs, but I wear shorts and nylon belts.
I set off every metal detector I pass thru with the hardware I have, so I try to make their job as visually easy as possible to prevent my steak dinners lol.
On plus side, I love spokane airport never any issues with tsa there.

Registered
Is this mic. On ?

should I have said 鈥 emotional support tool?馃槼馃槼馃槼馃槵馃槵馃槀馃槀馃槀support /coping 馃槵馃槑馃槼
Thanks for this post... thought it was me. Lol. I'll continue reading now.

Registered
Finished reading now. Think I'll pour a drink and check back later. Btw, get my pm awhile back?

Registered
My wife and I were visiting the Utah, Arizona area a couple years ago and she picked up some fossils for the kids. They were the size and shape of bricks and wrapped carefully in paper and put on her carry on.
We left the area via a very small airport, and the TSA agent noticed her bricks and started questioning her. I piped off,' If someone was transporting drugs, Id use a cute, innocent looking lady'. She was delayed and fuming a bit when we finally met up back on the plane. Its a good thing she loves me

Premium Member
My wife and I were visiting the Utah, Arizona area a couple years ago and she picked up some fossils for the kids. They were the size and shape of bricks and wrapped carefully in paper and put on her carry on.
We left the area via a very small airport, and the TSA agent noticed her bricks and started questioning her. I piped off,' If someone was transporting drugs, Id use a cute, innocent looking lady'. She was delayed and fuming a bit when we finally met up back on the plane. Its a good thing she loves me
Love it, what was the payback?

Registered
South Park did an episode on TSA.

Nuff said.

Premium Member
A man was kicked off Southwest Airlines for not putting his mask back on in between bites of Twizzlers candy. True story. Seems there's a federal rule requiring mask between bites, violate that and you will get booted. Same happened to a family that was letting their 2 year old eat without a mask.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
A man was kicked off Southwest Airlines for not putting his mask back on in between bites of Twizzlers candy. True story. Seems there's a federal rule requiring mask between bites, violate that and you will get booted. Same happened to a family that was letting their 2 year old eat without a mask.
He should have been booted for eating twizzlers !馃槼馃槑American licorice co..Red vines 馃憤馃徎My fab shop made the stainless racks for Chicago and Cali plants .Actually when I see any of the products I run .They would load the trucks full of cases of the products .Even friends would say please no more馃槼馃し馃徔鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
I piped off,' If someone was transporting drugs, Id use a cute, innocent looking lady'. She was delayed and fuming a bit when we finally met up back on the plane. Its a good thing she loves me
A body cavity search would really upset me a bit.

Registered
My 1鈥 keychain knife fell in the suitcase. Lodged behind the handle extension rod. Took them 2 minutes to find and confiscate. While my wife Uhaul no problem with her 12鈥 aluminum knitting needles. Funny aside with a knife story. Wife and I are flying to Rome, Italy. Stopover and did not leave secure area. Buy a bagel and think I need a knife to finish getting apart. Later reaching in backpack, there is a 4鈥 folding knife we forgot about. So, we did carry a big knife onboard and flew SFO to Rome with it. Does not give me a lot of confidence in TSA (Trained to Steal Anything). Or as a flight attendant told me Totally Sh...ty Attitude.

Premium Member
Not sure how to take that one, lots of gov waste everywhere. Are the TSA private contractor now?
I heard some chatter a while back about some airports opting to go private but don't know for sure. Might be a liability thing they don't want to take on. But there have been numerous stories over the last 20 years on the effectiveness of TSA searches.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts