IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was momentarily stopped about my carry on cutting tool.Told the attendant it was ok .

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had to mail a bike bottom bracket wrench to myself from PDX 5 years ago.
Two years ago, I almost lost my favorite lighter in frankfurt. Was told my lighter is considered a torch, but it's ok to have a BIC. Both have butane though. Lucky german security officer also had a cigar in pocket and emptied my fuel right there as I waited, 10 min caught his glove on fire at one point. I got to keep lighter and now carry a BIC in flight instead.

·
Premium Member
17,456 Posts
Leaving Shanghai on on one of my trips where I'd purchased a squishy toy. Going through security to get on the plane some little thing told me I couldn't take it because it contained liquid. Told her what I thought and tossed it to a young fellow standing by the xray machine. His reaction was worth it - he must have thought it was a bomb.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I had a tiny keychain multi tool they confiscated. I asked if I could break off the 1" blade to keep the plyers and scissors, they said no.

Another time I took down an old barn and had some of the old hand made nails and hung on to one as a souvenir. TSA guy took it, asked "what would you say if I said you can't have this", looking for a reaction. I said that's fine I guess, then when he saw I didn't care, he gave it back. They get off on that type of thing.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I had a boomerang in my carry-on when coming back from Australia. This was pre-911, so I doubt you could have one now since they are considered weapons.

·
Premium Member
17,456 Posts
I had my mustache scissors confiscated.
I had a fingernail clipper deposited into the barrel. That tiny nail file was considered a weapon. Oh, and on that same flight they served a meal with a plastic knife and a bun that was similar in texture to a cannon ball. While trying to slice it in half with said plastic knife it slipped and cut the hell out of my finger. Far more damage than that nail file could do. Brain dead bureaucracy.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had a large homemade M80/silver salute boom boom stick confiscated at DFW.

Funny thing, I had flown with it in my backpack probably 15 times before it was discovered. I knew I was missing a big firework from high school, but never was able to find it till the lovely TSA agent located it for me. Bomb squad, interview room... Fun stuff.

Maybe this isn't in the right spirit of this thread, but a fun story regardless.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is this mic. On ?

should I have said “ emotional support tool?😳😳😳😬😬😂😂😂support /coping 😬😎😳

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
If TSA only knew that my hands are registered as lethal weapons...

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had a boomerang in my carry-on when coming back from Australia. This was pre-911, so I doubt you could have one now since they are considered weapons.
You could have just thrown it , got on plane ,open window ,caught that sucker 😎

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had a large homemade M80/silver salute boom boom stick confiscated at DFW.

Funny thing, I had flown with it in my backpack probably 15 times before it was discovered. I knew I was missing a big firework from high school, but never was able to find it till the lovely TSA agent located it for me. Bomb squad, interview room... Fun stuff.

Maybe this isn't in the right spirit of this thread, but a fun story regardless.
That’s fishing gear , nothing wrong with that ,kinda light though , probably for small cricks 🧨

·
Registered
157 Posts
tSA are contract employees or direct hired?

I've never had any issues other than the above and we always remember the bad not the good.

They are just doing a task, I don't take it personally, that comes from a brown brother.

·
Premium Member
17,456 Posts
tSA are contract employees or direct hired?

I've never had any issues other than the above and we always remember the bad not the good.

They are just doing a task, I don't take it personally, that comes from a brown brother.
You mean like the pimple faced kid groping my crotch at Newark before letting me board?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts