IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice on a newbie to tide waters? Got a drift boat with 50lb thrust electric motor and want to troll one of these tide waters. Any info would be great. Where to put in, easy current for electric motor? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
SHF,

I only fished the Siletz once a couple weeks ago so take it for what it's worth but it seemd perfect for a drift boat with an electric.

Didn't seem to much current up around the RV parks. I saw a couple guys rowing in a drift boat but can't remember if they had an engine on it or not.

Drifting eggs seems most successful and that would be easy on the electric motor

Crambone was fishing it in a drift boat. Do a search on his handle and drop him an email if he doesn't pick up on the thread.

Brion

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks, that helps my confidence about the electric motor. I'll try and post how we did. It's so freaking cold I don't know how anything will be moving tomorrow let alone bitting........Z

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yes Brion I was fishing in a 20' Koffler but I had the help of a 4 HP on the back. I would say that your electric will be just fine just make sure that you have 2 batteries if you plan on staying out all day. Used to fish the Nehalem with my 16' and had no problems at all. Good luck and let me know how it goes.
Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts