IFish.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided I needed to get out of the house sometime this week, so I headed up to Trillium Lake yesterday (Thursday). Got up there about 6:45 and the only other people i saw fishing the lake was a couple of guys in a boat. Since this was my first time up at Trillium I just decided to fish off the fishing platform. Fished until 1pm using rainbow powerbait. Only caught a couple of 10" or so. Sorry no pics, forgot my camera at home. The fishing platform wasn't that productive. Only saw 2 other fish caught there besides mine. A gentleman in an inflatable raft caught a couple of 20"+ that I saw. Will the fishing up there heat up as the water temps cool down? would like to head back up when it's a little more productive.

thanks!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Only saw 2 other fish caught there besides mine. A gentleman in an inflatable raft caught a couple of 20"+ that I saw. Will the fishing up there heat up as the water temps cool down? would like to head back up when it's a little more productive.

thanks!
That was me in the green raft at Trillium on Thursday. They were actually one 17 incher and two 16 inchers. You probably saw me catch the first one over by the campground boatramp. I then caught about a 14 incher at the same spot but released it. Then I trolled around and ended up down by the dam and picked up the 17 incher on a worm there. That guy wouldn't budge and kept swimming back a forth staying down. I came back to the ramp for a break and to talk to the two pontoon flyfishers. One of them took this picture before I headed back out:

I don't know if you saw me catch the last one. I trolled out to the far side by the lilypads and hooked into another 16 incher on a rainbow trout colored #70 hotshot. That guy exploded out of the water 4 times and had my drag singing. Very fun on 3lb leader!!!

A couple more pictures

The 1st one on the stringer

Mt Hood

1 - 2 of 2 Posts