IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
A friend of mine took his daughter to Trillium last weekend, they only caught one from the bank, but there were people doing well.
I went to Lake Simtustus last night to scout around. I went up to the narrows to troll around and realized I'd forgotten wind socks. I missed nine out of every ten bites, but I was getting bit every time I put my bait in the water. I ended up with a very fat 17" kokanee, and four rainbows from 11-13". I saw several nice kokanee caught, I was just moving too fast to stick 'em. You should give it a shot, it's only 45-60 minutes the other side of Clear Lake.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Standard stuff. Troll nice and slow. If you have a fish finder, it helps. Otherwise, run up to the narrows and start trolling where the water clears up. Troll all the way to the dam, and circle back over the places you find fish. Experiment with depth. I was catching fish in 10-18' of water. Use flashers or a dodger, a wedding ring spinner (red), and combos of corn and powerbait egg, corn and worm, worm and powerbait egg. Make sure you use white corn soaked with anise oil. I try to troll in an "S" pattern when there's room, I get a lot of bites on the inside turn. Be sure to use a snubber. If I missed anything, someone here will let us know.

·
Registered
584 Posts
They're simple enough. Just a piece of rubber tubing that flexes. You tie it in to your line between flasher and spinner. The flex helps the hooks stick, kokanee have notoriously soft mouths.

·
Registered
584 Posts
A couple more things. It's a long run up to the good fishing, 10mph the whole way, probably 40 minutes. It is generally worth the trip. Fish early or late. Depending on how slow you can troll, you'll need from 1/2 to 3oz of weight. If you see pockets with lots of fish splashing around, troll through them, it's probably a big school of kokanee, it was last night anyway. The guy that runs the store/concession by the Pelton Park lauch can help you out, he's a nice guy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
AtWorkAlot said:

You tie it in to your line between flasher and spinner.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">I have always tied the snubber to my main swivel, a couple of feet above the flasher/dodger. Maybe THATS why I don't catch any fish :shrug: :laugh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts