IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI, I went online today and purchased 3 tribal permits for my family and I to fish LBC (Metolius Arm) and the Deschutes. Online the permit is clearly listed as 2021, however, once you pay for it, the downloads they sent me were 2020 permits.

I'll be trying to find somebody to clear it up next week, but in the interim, it's probably worth holding off on buying a permit at least online.

FYI

·
Registered
394 Posts
FYI, I went online today and purchased 3 tribal permits for my family and I to fish LBC (Metolius Arm) and the Deschutes. Online the permit is clearly listed as 2021, however, once you pay for it, the downloads they sent me were 2020 permits.

I'll be trying to find somebody to clear it up next week, but in the interim, it's probably worth holding off on buying a permit at least online.

FYI
Same thing happened a couple of years ago. They still honored them! Sign it and date it.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts

FYI
Figure you know, but the Metolius arm is closed until March 1st and the open portion of the Deschutes along the reservation is closed until the trout opener on April 22.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I did not know, although I would've checked before planning a trip there. Fishery Manager is going to send me a letter validating the permits I bought, and his TEch geek dudes are going to fix the online problem... so if there's anybody else out there who usually buys their tribal permits 6 weeks early like me, you will be good to go shortly...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ran into the same thing a couple years ago. IT folks hadn't caught up with the calendar change. As mentioned, they were good to make sure no issues.

On a related note (kinda)...be sure to read what a permit does for you. For the Metolius arm in particular, A single permit allows a family and young kids to fish on one permit. If on the Deschutes River below Warm Springs, each person needs an individual permit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts