IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Probably the Hospital Hole. Fish bobber, eggs and shrimp, just like the Fall set up. Move your bobber stopper around from 5 all the way to 18 until you find the fish.

Casting spinners also works, if you can, based on the crowd and how everyone else is fishing.

Hopefully it's a pay access area in the Spring too, anyone? Although they are probably trickling, typically the best time for this tidewater area is last two weeks of May and into early June.

I like to fish the last two hours of outgoing, the slack and then the incoming all the way back to high slack if you have the time, desire and the tides fit into the day.

Best bite for me has been the last half of the outgoing, down to low slack and then the change.

Amerman(s) will be in tidewater hammerin', no doubt. :tongue: Got Milk FWF1? Me too once or twice.

Get some. :smile:

Rick

[ 05-05-2003, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: ****** ]

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I'm not sure they open the Hospital Hole for springers. I'm thinking that's a special fall thingy, but it sure would be cool if it was. It never hurts to check.

I think Loren's drift or up at the hatchery would be another good bet. Typically there aren't huge numbers of springers at the coast, but with the addition of the big Whiskey Ck. fish, we'll see how the run shapes up this year.

****** is on the money, peak times for springers are a few weeks away, late May to mid-June is hammer time on the north coast for springers, especially after a nice shot of rain, or a nice series of morning high tides.

Bobber down !!
Chris :cool:

p.s. Amerman Eggs & Marie's( Tillamook Bait Co.) shrimp/shrimp scent will not work for these fish :wink: They hate it...won't work...don't even try it....unless you want to clean a few fish :grin:

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Trask will not have a run of spring chinook this year better off staying in the Valley area O.C, Sandy, Clackamas, Santaim.... :smile:

Good Luck :dance:

[ 05-05-2003, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: GotFish? ]

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of the info. I went today to scope it out and the Hospital hole is closed so I'm going to head over to Lorens Drift and give it a shot. I'll let you know if I get some action, Springer that is.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went to the end of 5th street to check it out today but I couldn't tell if it was private property or not around the launch. It seems like I could just cast out right there off the bank but I wasn't for sure so i didn't. Anybody know what the answer is there?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im pretty sure the 5th street launch isnt private property. It must belong to the county or the city because every time i forget to completely fill out my receipt for payment of parking fee on my dashboard, i have to go up to the courthouse and pay the ten dollars fine. What about the Old Trask, or the lower Wilson; anybody try that lately, like Lower Duck house?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello. I just sent in my first post on this or any other chat room. Hope i didnt break any rules. I live in Richland Wa, a long way from the Tillamook bay, but have spent much time on the Wilson, Trask, and the bay. I am coming down there for a few days and cant wait to try for a springer. I finally caught one below McNary dam, a beautiful buck 15-20 lbs, but it was a wild fish and i had to turn it loose. I will be out there somewhere on the Trask, Wilson (my personal favorite), Ghost hole, or somewhere wet. rar

·
Registered
13,253 Posts
I dont know why you cant fish off the dock at the end of 5th street. Belongs to the City I think.

Their is a nice drift just above the 101 bridge, access it off long prairie road and turn down to the boat ramp about 1/4 mile off HWY 101.

Then their is lorens drift on Chance road at the boat ramp.

The Hatchery hole is open from Dec 16 to April 1st I believe. CLOSED NOW

There are a few places up higher that are easy to access like the Dam hole or the Penninsula, even higher is Stones Camp.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
bobberdown58- YOu might want to post a new topic and introduce yourself. Also- there are those around here that might expect a fishing story :dance:

If that's the worst you break the rules- you'll be one of the good guys around here.

Welcome aboard! :cheers:

[ 05-07-2003, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Miss B Haven ]

·
Registered
266 Posts
I would really like to float the trask in my pontoon, but I have heard that there are a lot of land owners that get really upset if you stop your boat to stand on the bank (or even wade in the water) to fish. Since I really use the pontoon to get from bank to bank, this would be a problem.

Have I heard correct? Do land owners make it clear where it is not ok to stop, or do you find out by the sound of a shotgun :->

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
There is some reeeaalllly nice holes up past the hatchery. Just make sure you are not on private land.

MH

1 - 16 of 16 Posts