IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to fish at John Hanacrats (right upstream from Lorens Drift) He used to have a pay box by the trail. Havent been there in a few years. Is it still open? Still $1.50?
Any help would be great.
Thanks, MM

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Sorry this is off topic, but I was just watching something on OPB about mikeymoto (sp ?) the Japanese pearl farmer. He was the guy who came up with cultured pearls. Any relation to your moniker there ? :whazzup:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish! :dance: But I'm not Japanese, and its Mickymoto (sp?) like Mickey Mouse not Mikeymoto like Mike, Mikey or ******. But I did work in the Jewelry industry for 21 years.
Thanks for the ? though but now back to John?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
OK, so you know who I'm talking about. I was just wondering if he offered up any inspiration for your handle. I didn't think you were actually related or anything. I'm assuming no, based on the difference in spelling.
Whenever I meet an Ifisher with a creative moniker I ask if there's a story behind it. Usually there is and usually it's pretty good. :grin:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its just a nickname a guy at work refers to me by. He said that with all the safety gear and entertainment equip. of I looked like a Kamikazi pilot, but hes not to swift as he thinks that a Hitler look-a-like works there also. I guess that the name just stuck as when I applied to be a i-fisher thats what I typed in. I know lurkers that put a lot of thought into having the perfect moniker.
It could also be a reference to Moto-cross or other things like that, but hey thanks for the interest.
Mikeymoto

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TTT I know I could walk the bank, but its real nice to walk up through his pasture and drop in just downstream from where I want to fish, besides hes a nice guy. Anybody? MM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts