IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave a wordy description on an earlier thread
. Hopefully this will bring it all together for those of you interested. I had the brackets mounted wide on the transom, so when the cooler is off the boat, the kids don't scrape their hide on the way to the platform.

Be sure to use a backing plate inside the cooler so the bolts don't tear through the cooler. Mount the angle aluminum to the front of the cooler so you can open it easily from inside the boat.

Obviously the brackets on the transom and cooler must match up for width and height. Put the quick release pins (mine are locking) in and fill it with fish!

I must tell you that I had mine installed by NR. But you can see it's easily attainable hardware and fasteners. Measure twice and drill once.
Good luck. Pay no attention to those girls in the boat, they are merely a mirage.

[ 07-02-2003, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: Red ]

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Red, thanks for taking the time to post those pictures. Very helpful and informative. Much easier than roping the cooler on.

One question? Why did you cut the girls heads off in the photo. Mount Hood Community College has a Photography course during the Summer. You might want to look into it so they can teach you the finer points of photography. :cheers:

Thanks again for the pictures and description.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Well RED, now that really makes sence. Love the extra deck space which is always a premium if one can become creative, and you have

Thanks

:cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts