IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if any of you back into the water and "then" remember your tailights.. I kept having to replace them, so.. through another electronics thread, someone told me about this site.. http://www.superbrightleds.com/1157.htm they have all types of LED's for your trailor, boat, or what have you.. the 30led is great.. and for night fishing with the running white light on all night, the 1156W-19 is bright and doesn't run you battery down.. a thought?..

·
Registered
137 Posts
abercrombie
Don't go with bulb replacements instead replace the hole assembly with sealed l.e.d assembly.
I did whis last year an have not had to replace any of my bulbs.
Potter Webster has all the deferent assembly

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Costalot, who or where is Potter Webster?.. thanks, will look into this.. I do use the no-ox grease on my bulbs so no water gets to the contacts anyway.. but sealed LED's, that would be optimum...

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Potter Webster

email me for info and directions.

(Can't post non-advertiser's address and phone. - send it by email instead. Thanks.)

[ 09-16-2003, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: skein ]

·
Registered
236 Posts
if they blow every time they get wet, check the grounds, I notice when I get a bad ground the blow and sometimes even shatter...DJ

·
Registered
301 Posts
I had this problem and tried everything. Everytime I was going down the road someone would flash lights at me or my friends following me would tell me I had a trailer light out. I finally gave up and went down to GI Joes and sprung for a sealed set of LED trailer lights. Now I have no problems and do not unhook them when launching. Being sealed means that once they do go out you have to replace the whole assembly. However they claim to be good for 100,000 hours of operation. Spendy but worth it in my humble opinion. Oh and by the way if you do put them on I heard they can be a target of theft so I banged up the threads on them so that if they do try to take them, all they will do is strip the bolt inside. Hopefully they will try and find an easier target once they realize mine are only going to come off if they cut them off and that will do them no good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts