IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody could recommend a shop to modify a trailer to have a swing tongue (removeable tongue would also work). The trailer is a welded, galvenized Baker trailer (w/brakes)for a 20' boat. I don't own the trailer (yet), its with a boat that I'm considering buying. Having it fit in the garage will make or break the deal.

Has anyone else had this done before? I've seen after-market swing tongue kits for EZ loader before - but these are bolted trailers. I'm guesing with a welded trailer, this becomes more of a custom deal.

-G16

[ 08-22-2003, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: grumman16 ]

·
Registered
13,851 Posts
Call Baker. Other makers may hesitate doing stuff like that on someone elses trailer.

I just asked Alumaweld the same question about a Rogue. They said around 500 bucks( the winch was already in place on the rig was looking at).

Hey, even if it is a grand, if it puts a bigger boat on the garage, it is most likely worth it.

Mark and the swivel tongue dog.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
I ordered my E-Z Loader with a swing tongue, and it was a $75 option. Much easier to add at the factory. For $500 or more, I'd be tempted to buy a new trailer with a swing and sell the old one. Might be better off. Besides, the pivot plates have to be welded, and that means the galvanizing would have to be ground off, and that means rust.
There shouldn't be much difference between a welded or bolted trailer as far as adding a swing, IMHO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts