IFish.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you Pilar for the suggestion to go to Potter Webster for my trailer needs! :cheers:

Those guys are awesome and I highly recommend that anyone needing trailer parts, axles, brakes, drums, etc., go see Rich down there. Great guy. Has a 21' Reinell he's been wanting to get out for tuna so I told him to come join the Dogs to help him along!

They are located just off MLK on Walker St., about a mile south of Marine Dr. I took in my boat/trailer and they measured it several different times, checked out all the available options, physically went and checked their inventory, and he took me for a tour of the facility. The majority of their business is in Semi Truck and Trailers but they also do personal trailers.

As it stands, I'm getting 2 new 3" Drop Axles with special zert spindles(the grease zert is built into the spindle so the grease goes thru the spindle and comes out on the inside of the hub, pushing all the grease from inside to outside instead of vice versa. This equates to less pressure on your seals and NO BEARING BUDDIES :dance:), new springs and all attaching hardware, new hubs, new galvanized rims for the tires, AND surge brakes for $630!

If you have any issues with your current trailer go see them. I was amazed at how cheap you can get a completely new axle for. Most were around $80-90 brand new.

If anyone has any questions or needs more information on their location or phone number just email or PM me. :cheers:

P.s. I will need to tack weld the pads to the springs when I get them installed so if anyone has access to a MIG welder or knows someone in the business please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
14,198 Posts
Rod, I have a 110 volt Century. It's a MIG with gas and straight wire. 2 spools of wire .025 and .035. It worked great the other day on the kids go-kart.

You should be able to do anything up to 1/4" plate and wire feed welding is pretty easy. Maybe you can fix my helmet (glass is crazed and needs replaced) and use the welder all you want.

Don't do what I did. I used goggles and ended up with flash burns on my face. Peeling now.

Call me on the cell phone, Rod. You can come by and get the buzz box or use it here. I also have a fire wrench (cutting torch) if you need that. I'm working on the boat and trailer today at home and later at Puffin's to work on his wiring.

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John, that would be great but I'll have to figure out a way to get YOU to do the weld as I don't know the first thing about it! :blush: If I do it you'd better make sure the house insurance is paid up! :shocked: :shrug:

Perhaps you are low on Agave juice? :wink:

·
Registered
14,198 Posts
Call me, brother. I'll head out in a few for outdrive oil and a new piece of dark glass for the hood.

I'd be happy to weld it up for you. Just name the time and place.

Mmmmmmm, cactus juice.

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got the axles on order so they won't be here for 2 weeks. Unfortunately, but of course expectedly, I had 2 odd sized axles. :hoboy:

I'll get in touch with you though as soon as they come in. Thanks man.

·
Registered
14,198 Posts
Did you do one set of brakes or two? Odd sized as in axle length?

Hey man, you're gonna love those surge brakes. Your Truck can now go a whole year between brake jobs instead of every couple of months.

Call me when the stuff comes in and we'll have a crawfish boil/welding party or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts