IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 17ft Sea Ranger and I love it. I have been considering adding a TR1 Gold as soon as Mr Fredricks puts up the right deal. Its powered by a 90hp Johnson and Yamaha T-8 for the kicker. Then "MY BUDDY" says you know your boat is kinda like a sail when the wind blows and Im not sure if that TR1 will do OK on your boat. So Im asking those of you with some experience to please comment.

Thanks

mtpar :shrug:

[ 08-14-2003, 06:38 AM: Message edited by: mtpar ]

·
Premium Member
11,041 Posts
My tr-i is on a 23' Glassply w/hardtop, 9.9 Yamaha. Works fine.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have a TR-1 on my sled and use it with the top up all of the time and it works great. The system is "pre-tuned" for your boat before it is delivered. If you have any problems with it call Peter and he will be more than happy to help you with the problem. In my book the system is well worth the money.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I've seen the TR-1 work perfectly on a 23' Northriver with full tops up in quite a bit of wind...your boat should not have a problem. I will say, that little unit works it's butt off.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Paco,

I will work great. I did a little fine tuning on mine last week with Pete via a phone call while on the river. Works better then ever. We used the TR 1 system out in the ocean yesterday. We set it to troll to the CR Bouy and it held course in the chop and wind. When you have five rods in the water and double and triples of silvers going it sure comes in handy.

Do you need that extra little push with the wife to make this deal happen? I'm here for you. Let me know when you open the wallet.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to those who posted replies.
I think Im going to take the leap.
Just waiting for the lastest development from Peter and crew. Hope that IFISH discount comes back this fall.

mtpar :smile:

·
Registered
325 Posts
15% deal is on!!!! How has the fishing been for all. The Alsea has been real slow, Going to Try agin this weekend.

Keep on Trollin!

Pete/TR-1 Autopilots

1 - 10 of 10 Posts