IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will take your order for a TR-1 for the 15% Ifish member discount before July 1st, 03 and install it at your convienience.

Thanks Pete/TR-1

·
Registered
17,002 Posts
Look forward to speaking with you tomorrow, thanks!

·
Registered
755 Posts
boater...you are a cheap ____....You need one of these bad!

Peter....How much do I get for helping you sell one to boater....How much is my take?

J.K.

Bill

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TR-1 customers are my sales force, They run them on the water more then I get to, I hear often that they are to expensive, then when that person does buy one, they tell me it is worth more than there boat, For those who dont run a TR-1 you really need to go for a test ride.

Thanks Pete/TR-1

·
Registered
92 Posts
here's a little story,

several weeks ago, I responded to a thread about TR-1 versus a panther marine remote steer and a pro troll remote throttle. I made a big deal about using these two products instead of the TR-1 becasue they were cheaper....$700 vesus $2099.... I was pretty much wrong.

Don't get me wrong they are good products and may work on other boats but my boat (a 21' 1/2 hartop T-jet) catchs to much wind when turning as I found out at the wind river ( i guess they call it the "wind" for a reason) that I had to use th main engine every time to complete a 180 turn.

I also learned that trying to pull up anchor by yourself while working the remote steer and throttle on two seperate controls all the while trying to avoid crashing into the rocks while on the snohomish river is pretty much ...impossible.

I at the begining of the month I took the plunge and bought a TR-1 from Pete using with the 15% discount. I intstalled it myself and tried it out on the river....I am impressed. the unit while hold you in one spot in a 3 mph river while maintain a solid heading ( so you can pull anchor by yourself). it it very responsive about 2 seconds left to right. the transition is so quick that it could probably toss you into the water if you weren't paying attention. the angle of deflection is the same range of motion if your were controling the kicker with a tiller. which in my case transalates into tighter turn radius and less time the side of my boat catches wind.

I'm glad I bought a TR1 and should have listen to a couple of people earlier.

Pete thanks for the deal and the help.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the story, I tried to tell ya, The TR-1 will do everything I say. It will backbounce straight as an arrow, keep you straight wile backing on your anchor, s-curve on a line, hold heading even in wind, waves, current, and most of all save you from the steering when your are out to fish. Sometimes in life we all find out the hard way.

Thanks again, I will be in the Portland are Friday the 27, and Saturday the 28th, installing Autopilots for ifish members, I can be reached at 503-329-5117 if anyone needs to reach me.

Thanks Pete/TR-1 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

[ 06-26-2003, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: peter frederick ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts