IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a TR-1 about 3 weeks ago but did not yet have the motor I was going to put it on. I wanted to take advantage of the I-Fish discount that was running at the time.
When I bought it, Pete said let us know when you get the motor figured out and we will make an appointment to get the TR-1 installed.
At that point I believed the installation was part of the price.
When I called today to make an appointment to have it installed, I was shocked to find out that it was going to cost me another $250.
After some discussion with Pete the problem was resolved. Pete also said he was going to change his advertising & web site so it would be clear that installation is extra.
I found Pete to be an understanding person who wants his customers Happy. Thanks Pete!
st
PS Am I the only one didn't know installation was extra???

·
Premium Member
11,041 Posts
I bought my TR-1 about two months ago and installed it myself. I had one minor glitch in the installation which was resolved by two quick phone calls to the very helpful folks at TR-1.

I never assumed installation to be part of the price for this or any other piece of equipment (radar,sounder,GPS,etc.) that I have bought.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I think youll be alone on this one.

Install always extra unless stated

mtpar

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have looked at about a dozen products that one would buy and all of them state installation is extra with the add. Granted its at the bottom of the adds, but its there.
I guess I should have asked instead of assuming.
That ok though I have no problums with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts