IFish.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be out installing Autopilots Friday June 20th, If any customers need to reach me, I am on my cell. #503-329-5117

Keep on Trolling!

Pete/TR-1

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you are thinking of getting a TR-1, don't hesitate to do business with Peter! I went out of my way to drive to Newport last Saturday have a TR-1 Gold installed.

I have to say that those guys were a pleasure to do business with. Robert Voss did a stellar job on the installation, calibration and training to use my new gadget. Now that I have had some time to use it...I realize how hard I worked to keep the boat under control. I absolutely love the throttle control as well. I never had such control over the RPM's with the tiller handle. Also the connection to my GPS unit is pretty cool too! Enough rambling...otherwise Peter's head's going to get too big :grin:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
If I only had an extra 2 grand. The kids don't really need to go to college, do they?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Hey Pete.... My TR-1 gold blew a hydrolic hose. I heard it is pretty tricky getting the line blead after installing the new hose. Will you be doing any installes in the Tillamook or Astoria area soon ??? Salmon season is almost here!!
Chris Vertopoulos

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chris,

I just got back from There. I wish I would of got this message sooner, It is not hard to bleed the system at all. The reason this happened is because you are allowing the kicker to stay hard over for long periods of time. When you see this happen, increase your throttle a little, The Autopilot needs a little more thrust from your kicker to keep the boat straight, without staying against the motor stops. Give me a call, 5-10 on the phone, you'll be back in action.

Cell#503-329-5117

Thanks I fisher!

EDIT: Secure Hoses so that they are not rubbing on a metal surface.

[ 06-20-2003, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: peter frederick ]

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I had the TR-1 installed a few weeks ago. I took it over to Odell. Just set a heading and you are free to do the fishing thing. I set a heading and then went about getting the downriggers out without a bit of problem. Set the downriggers and sit back and wait for one of them to come loose.I can't say enough good things about the TR-1. Wish I had it years ago. Thanks Peter and Nautimatic :cheers: :dance:

·
Registered
294 Posts
The folks at TR-1 are awesome. I've had my TR-1 for about a year and they have been super helpful and professional each time I've called.
Peter helped me adjust mine on the phone Thurs.
I can't say enough good things about their people and the product they make!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts