IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
10,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new tires for the Expedition. The current ones now slip on wet ramps while backing down. Don't need offroad or snow usage, just a good long running tire with excellent wet pavement traction. What do you like? Trailer weight is probably close to 6000 lbs.

·
Registered
16,657 Posts
Ran a set of Cooper Discovers AT3's on our suburban and really liked them. Currently I'm running the Falken Wildpeak AT3W on my Tundra and really like them as well but they're a little more aggressive then the Cooper's.

Reactions: hooksetter1

·
Registered
518 Posts
Whatever you get, you can have the tire store sipe the tires. It adds extra traction on wet surfaces and I’ve been told it extends the life too. Last time I bought tires and had them siped it cost about $10 per tire

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I’m kind of thinking towing a 6000 pound boat and trailer with an expedition might be pushing the limit on a wet boat ramp. Maybe a bigger truck might be the better option….Kirk

·
Registered
356 Posts
Toyo At3 run it on my ram 3500 and 4runner both in E load, looks good and 3peak snow
I'm on my second set of the AT3 and had the AT2 before that. Can't complain about these tires at all. Much cheaper if you go through someone other than Schwabs.

My wife really liked the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo on her expedition. I think we went through three sets of them.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I've been extremely happy with the BFG KO2 tires I have now. The past few sets of tires I had were Toyo AT2 and my truck burned through them fairly quickly. My current set of KO2's has already lasted me longer than any set of Toyo's I've had on this truck (ram 2500 with cummins) and I think they probably have another year left in them. I have also been impressed with how well they do in snow and ice.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Goodyear Wrangler UltraTerrain AT from Discount Tire. Similar to the BFG A/T KO’s, except better in my opinion. You said you don’t care about snow, but they do have the snow rating mountain peak on them. I’ve ran both the BFG’s and Goodyear’s and prefer the Goodyear. This is on a GMC 3500HD 4x4 diesel which usually tears up tires.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts