IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you fellow fisherpeople - I have been looking into ordering some Tomic Plugs for trolling for Salmon and Kokanee.

Do any of you use these lures or J-Plug type lures for trolling in the ocean or rivers?

They are a little spendy but as you know we fisherman don't figure gear into the price per pound for the fish we catch.

What are the favorite colors for catching Salmon?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have used them in the past with some luck. They have been used by the commercials for a long time, so I would gues that they tend to work year in year out. I buy mine at Seattle Marine (seamar), a commercial fishing shop in Seattle. A bit chearper but they come unrigged, ie. no hooks. I like that since I can rigg them the way I choose, also they are quite a bit cheaper than the ones in the stores, I can usually save a few buck a plug. Here is thier link: http://www.seamar.com

Tight lines,

MJ

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
They can be very effective on big kings at times in the salt. My friends up north use a solid white one or a green/glow spatterback pattern and every year the biggest king of the season will fall for a plug.

bottom line: thumbs up on salmon, dont know about trout.

HC

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I located killer deals on ebay - save some bucks and check there. This guy bought a whole wharehouse of em - was a standard for BC's commercial fishery until it tanked. I've used them on salmon and TUNA .... yes I caught 2 bullets on chart/white combo. High lakes guys use J-Plug types on Lake trout.
Here is a link to try

ebay tomic search

--------
<`))><

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the ebay tip - looks like someone is selling a bunch of Tomic Plugs Cheap...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts