IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am thinking about pulling my Volvo Penta 280 Outdrive and converting to twin outboards, I know some of you have done this. How is is working for you guys and was it worth it? I am going to go with twin 115's more of less. Just trying to determine if all the work actually oays off or not. THanks!

· Registered
187 Posts
Sturgn:

I converted an aluminum inboard jet to an outboard. It improved my fuel efficiency by 2-3X. I now have a huge fishing deck area compared to before the conversion. I also have much better control when crossing the bar.

It was a great choice for me and I have been extremely pleased with my conversion. If you want any further info give me a call. I’ll send you my contact info (pm).

Hook’d

· Registered
667 Posts
I like the way mine turned out. Old boat, new motor and a lot more room in the boat. One draw back is you loose the space off the transom where you could mount a cooler. There are several of us on here with brackets made by Dave Norvelle in Nehalem, norvelleboats.com. Let me know if you'd like to take a look at mine.

Steve

· Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys I am proabably going to pull the outdrive and motor after my kids elk hunt and decide what I am going to do after that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.