IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love your Steve Martin line...!

I hope everyone was OK! Scary!

·
Registered
190 Posts
My buddies girlfriend was walking along the jetty when that happened yesterday. Apparently kelp in the pump and a kicker that wouldn't fire resulted in that boat meeting the rocks.
She said she watched one boat try and tow them off the rocks but the rope broke.By then the CG was on the way. They got the 3 guys out onto the jetty and then thru an anchor ( grappling hook) type thing into the boat. Fourth try hooked the open bow section and then they pulled it off. Sound like the boat floated ok after.
Pretty scary glad we have such a great Coast Guard to help!!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Ah! The old kelp in the pump gag! Didn't mean to assume, but I've been pinched close to the rocks several times this year. It can be a drag waiting to decide which side to pass until the other guy looks around to see where he's going. Be vigilant kicker-dude!

·
Ichthyomaniac
3,187 Posts
Oops, I thought this was a thread about Tanqueray and Juice on the rocks :cheers:

Darn wet-noodle lipped fish. Salmon will be coaxed into the Little Willie yet! ARRRRGH!!!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Fished T-bay on Sunday with Riverkeeper in the new ride. Sweet boat. 0 for 1....Doh! It was sloooow.
Went back out to Lyster's area after a port break and saw coast guard heading out. At the point west of Lyster's we saw a crowd of people on the rocks, an ambulance, and a Thunder Jet banging against the rocks. CG hooked onto the boat and pulled it off. Those guys are amazing!
Did anyone see what happened? I can see how someone in traffic could get pinched close to the rocks and a swell could easily lift you right on to the rocks. We got pretty close earlier dealing with some jokers that shot a 8 foot gap between boats and fouled up our lines. Amazes me how people fish in tight quarters and don't pay attention to the boats around them.
Hope no one was hurt. Had to hurt watching your boat banging against that rip-rap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts