IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing for gators today, down stream from Beacon Rock...I could not keep the sturgies off of my hook...but not one single keeper, biggest was 39"...I think I got between 30-40...I kid you not...but no keepers...what am I doing wrong, Tacklebuster, sir...I catch em...but no keep em...help :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Registered
181 Posts
At kelly point we could not keep the shakers off either. But 41 1/2 inches was the best we could do so he had to goes back and grow just a little more. Still waiting for my first keeper.
toni

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
feisty,
This can work at times. Move up into the hole hight (upriver) My theory is there is some kind of pecking order and the bigger fish get first dibs at bait entering a hole or slot, with the smaller fish behind them. So if it's all shakers take in some anchor rope and get above them. May put you into some bigger more aggressive fish. This trick has worked for me in the past. Just an idea.
GBS

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Hey GBS That sounds like good advice. I will have to try that this winter. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
no sweat. It really does work in certain situations and when you are in a well-defined hole. The bigger fish will be right at the front edge of it often.
good luck!
GBS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts